The Student Room Group

PGDE - Scotland 2021 Applicants Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pmb63
Yes as long as you obtain your QTS

Okay, thank you so much! :smile:
Anyone interviewed already with Glasgow Primary ? Did they send more information in the zoom interview invite (haven't received it yet) ? Or is the info in first email all they give you ? Just wondering if I should wait for more info before preparing or go ahead with they've given me.
Original post by Teach2021
I have not had my interview yet but I have been told they are very strict on the time limit. Bear in mind though that you will probably speak quicker due to nerves so may get through more of it.

Thank you very much - you are definitely right there! I will maybe keep as is so that I have plenty to say and if they cut me off hopefully I will have said everything I needed to.

Thanks again!
Original post by Yazkai2
Hey jodie just out of curiosity when did you submit ur pgde application?

It was mid December :smile:
Original post by McDaniel61
Thank you very much - you are definitely right there! I will maybe keep as is so that I have plenty to say and if they cut me off hopefully I will have said everything I needed to.

Thanks again!

That’s my plan too 😄 Good luck, I hope it goes well
Reply 785
has anyone interviewed for Strathclyde secondary - how was it?
Original post by Mapsandstars
Hey! Just adding to the convo. I had and interview with Aberdeen on the 5th Feb (PGDE Drama). Still haven’t heard back yet. Didn’t get offered an interview with Edinburgh.

Hello! I have applied for PGDE drama too. I hope you hear back from Aberdeen soon! :smile: How was the interview? I didn't get an interview for Edinburgh either and haven't heard back from Aberdeen yet. They did ask for my transcript but nothing since then. Can I ask when you applied?
Original post by jodie000)It was mid December :smile:
Thanks it was probs after this i applied but have heard of people who get an unconditional without interview, but an interview would be more promising than hearing nothing at all. Good luck
Original post by Yazkai2
Original post by jodie000)It was mid December :smile:
Thanks it was probs after this i applied but have heard of people who get an unconditional without interview, but an interview would be more promising than hearing nothing at all. Good luck

Try not to worry about it, I've heard that interviews are held well into March! Ahhh it would be amazing to get an unconditional without an interview! Thank you - I'll need it lol. Good luck to you too :smile:
I've accepted my place for PGDE Primary at Glasgow Uni :smile: has anyone else got a place here? It would be lovely to get to know you before we start studying together!
Just off topic from PGDE. I am wondering how many here go straight to uni after doing Highers?
Original post by pmb63
has anyone interviewed for Strathclyde secondary - how was it?

I interviewed last Wednesday, I found it really relaxed but I'm not sure if that was due to my specific interviewer. I haven't heard back though so it could've gone horribly for all I know!
(edited 3 years ago)
(Original post by natashac99)I've accepted my place for PGDE Primary at Glasgow Uni :smile: has anyone else got a place here? It would be lovely to get to know you before we start studying together!

Had my interview today! Just out of curiosity how long before you had an offer of a place after your interview?
Reply 793
Original post by Lucykay99
Hi, I've got an interview for Dundee on wednesday and i'm so nervous, does anyone have any tips? I'm so stressed about the presentation on digital literacy, I've no clue what I'm talking about tbh

I have one for Dundee tomorrow too! So nervous! Is yours in the morning?
Original post by LH260519931
(Original post by natashac99)I've accepted my place for PGDE Primary at Glasgow Uni :smile: has anyone else got a place here? It would be lovely to get to know you before we start studying together!

Had my interview today! Just out of curiosity how long before you had an offer of a place after your interview?

Hey! I interviewed on a Monday and got it on a Thursday afternoon :smile: Hope to see you there!!
Reply 795
Original post by bex285
I interviewed last Wednesday, I found it really relaxed but I'm not sure if that was due to my specific interviewer. I haven't heard back though so it could've gone horribly for all I know!

Thanks
Hello was just wondering if anyone on here has had an interview for Aberdeen secondary I just got my invite for interview through today :smile:
Original post by claremitch
Hello was just wondering if anyone on here has had an interview for Aberdeen secondary I just got my invite for interview through today :smile:

Not yet! What subject did you apply for?
Original post by murdoboy
Anyone interviewed already with Glasgow Primary ? Did they send more information in the zoom interview invite (haven't received it yet) ? Or is the info in first email all they give you ? Just wondering if I should wait for more info before preparing or go ahead with they've given me.

I interviewed on Friday, they send you through the questions they will ask (some have options of two questions) in the official email from your interviewer. They also send a link of a prep video, watch it before you prepare your answers as it helps you know what they're looking for!
Original post by natashac99
I've accepted my place for PGDE Primary at Glasgow Uni :smile: has anyone else got a place here? It would be lovely to get to know you before we start studying together!

I just got my offer today! Can't accept yet since I haven't heard from other unis but will probably be accepting Glasgow! Congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending