The Student Room Group

Bame students - the attainment gap

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mgi
You said: "This is what you literally said". Well no i did not. Here is what i actually exactly said: "I did not say that Indians and Chinese people are not performing though!" This is not the same as what you said which was: "doing far better"? "performing" means something different to "doing far better" which was what you claim and is nonsense! So, now do you see that i never said that Asian and Chinese people were not performing? i was disputing your gross exaggeration when you used that absurd " doing far better" expression. I hope that induces you to apologise for your overuse of the word "lying"! lol.
And regarding anonymous marking, let me remind you of what you originally claimed in one of your earlier posts:"The point being is that all assessments are anomously marked. " Notice the word "all"!
You have actually now clearly back tracked from that original comment; i clearly proved to you in subsequent posts that it is completely incorrect!
And your now new comment of "1-2 per cent difference" regarding anonymous marking sounds quite random and is certainly unreferenced; its an anecdotal opinion.

I literally quoted you saying that you don't believe the indians and asians do far better And I've provided you with evidence thats not the case. If all members of the BAME community are getting significantly lower grades than white peers then your point stands but they dont. This could be because Indians and Chinese nationals tend to have a more focus towards their education at a young age when compared to other white peers (as I've referenced before)
Reply 121
Original post by bingbong9214
I literally quoted you saying that you don't believe the indians and asians do far better And I've provided you with evidence thats not the case. If all members of the BAME community are getting significantly lower grades than white peers then your point stands but they dont. This could be because Indians and Chinese nationals tend to have a more focus towards their education at a young age when compared to other white peers (as I've referenced before)

rubbish! Read my exact quotes of what you actually said! And you do believe inbracisl stereotypes, obviously!
Original post by mgi
rubbish! Read my exact quotes of what you actually said! And you do believe inbracisl stereotypes, obviously!

I have read. And literally, and its not a negative stereotype, I gave you sources, you obviously did not read the sources. Not all BAME students are getting lower grades when compared with their white peers, and its not because of their skin colour, as evident in my source which showed Indians and Chinese students outperforming other BAME groups.
Reply 123
I have read. And literally, and its not a negative stereotype, I gave you sources, you obviously did not read the sources. Not all BAME students are getting lower grades when compared with their white peers, and its not because of their skin colour, as evident in my source which showed Indians and Chinese students outperforming other BAME groups.

Stats are never about "all". And i also gave you data that contradicts yours.
And can you now admit that your original claim about anonymous marking was wrong! I sense you are dodging!
Original post by mgi
Stats are never about "all". And i also gave you data that contradicts yours.
And can you now admit that your original claim about anonymous marking was wrong! I sense you are dodging!

Your sources weren't accurate. They grouped the BAME all together rather than splitting it up into separate groups. I said that but for some reason you can't comprehend basic maths that if you group something all together and 1 group does well but the rest don't then average would be lower. Even a 5 year old could understand that.
Reply 125
Your sources weren't accurate. They grouped the BAME all together rather than splitting it up into separate groups. I said that but for some reason you can't comprehend basic maths that if you group something all together and 1 group does well but the rest don't then average would be lower. Even a 5 year old could understand that.

You still dodged my point about your original erroneous statement though!
Insults are not arguments remember!
Original post by mgi
You still dodged my point about your original erroneous statement though!
Insults are not arguments remember!

And your dodging the same arguements lol. My point is your sources aren't accurate, and when I gave you a more credible and accurate source you ignore the point.
To paraphrase the tennis umpires :
New Points Please
Reply 128
And your dodging the same arguements lol. My point is your sources aren't accurate, and when I gave you a more credible and accurate source you ignore the point.

Come on you ,Artful Dodger admit that you exaggerated! It won't hurt.lol.

exactly
and which group is holding the rest of them down, i wonder
Reply 130
Original post by excitedpresent
exactly

excitedpresent and similar thinkers perhaps?
exactly

Its most of the other groups bar 2 according to the data.
Original post by mgi
excitedpresent and similar thinkers perhaps?

lol, no.
that's naive.
Its most of the other groups bar 2 according to the data.

send data?
send data?

Its on a previous post in the thread. It shows the Indians and Chinese students do far better than the rest of the BAME community. Its ridiculous to say that that all BAME students get less marks because of their skin colour

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending