The Student Room Group

Which 13 Universities are now financially bust. WE need to INVESTIGATE. 💣🔎

It has recently been reported that 13 universities are under financial instability due to covid-19. HOWEVER, none have came out to address it but they are still taking students in, even though they usually make more than 150 M on tuition fees ALONE. They are not telling students and still taking them in which shows how this is all for money at this point.

YOU could be going to one.

Does anyone know which places it could potentially be?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Ratchet Hoe
It has recently been reported that 13 universities are under financial instability due to covid-19. HOWEVER, none have came out to address it but they are still taking students in, even though they usually make more than 150 M on tuition fees ALONE. They are not telling students and still taking them in which shows how this is all for money at this point.

Following this thread. I am also very intrigued. i'm assuming more than 50% may be scottish as they rely heavily on international students and english students.
Original post by Nox97
Following this thread. I am also very intrigued. i'm assuming more than 50% may be scottish as they rely heavily on international students and english students.

It should interest a lot of students and this thread can be slightly light hearted but it is serious as it affects others and will show which ones really are for the people, you know? We need a full on investigation like Twitter
Original post by Ratchet Hoe

https://www.ifs.org.uk/uploads/BN300-Will-universities-need-bailout-survive-COVID-19-crisis.pdf

Awful reality of the economic damage covid could cause.
I doubt its easy to find which universities specifically as you would have to look at each universities existing debt, revenue shortfall, ability to raise new capital etc.

Id imagine the universities which get close to the brink would have whistleblowers come out as, staff lay-offs, selling off assets, re-mortgaging facilities wouldn't go unnoticed.
Hi folks, the main thread for this discussion can be found here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6579972

Latest

Trending

Trending