The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what about that thing where you can only travel back in time as far as the date when the time travel machine was first invented?
or something like that.
then we would but we havent invented it yet so we dont know.
Reply 2
what about that thing where you can only travel back in time as far as the date when the time travel machine was first invented?
or something like that.
then we would but we havent invented it yet so we dont know.

then what would they use the first time machine for?
Reply 3
thomaskurian89
then what would they use the first time machine for?

getting things from the future?
Reply 4
Back to the future,.....

FOR GOD SAKE YOU CANT VISIT THE PAST CAUSE YOU MESS UP THE FUTURE

JEZZ!!!!
Everything's possible with less logic and more magic.
Reply 6
thomaskurian89
Since no one from the future has ever 'visited' us, I think it is safe to say that time travel will never be possible.

There isnt a theory to disprove time travel.
Time viewing is possible if you can travel faster than the speed of light.
Reply 8
wellerism
Back to the future,.....

FOR GOD SAKE YOU CANT VISIT THE PAST CAUSE YOU MESS UP THE FUTURE

JEZZ!!!!

have you noticed in that film at the start theyre really careful about messing up the space time continuem, by the end they couldnt care less, going around in flying trains in broad daylight
does it work like that?

couldnt you hold someone just above black holes for a bit?
Reply 10
Just need to find the ministry of magic and ask the department of mysteries of they have a time turner spare.
On a more serious note, I disagree. If time travel is invented there is a good chance that the governments will crack down on it very quickly. It will have to be invented either by a defense agency or university because only they will have the technology to do it and either organization would have to report to the government. Surely the governments of the world would not let just anybody travel in time and they surely would see the consequences of sending a person who would blab about it - such as a barrage of questions, most likely some scientific studies or maybe even a trip to a psychiatric hospital. Just because no one has said they are from the future doesn't mean no one is from the future.
Reply 11
The Muon
Just because no one has said they are from the future doesn't mean no one is from the future.

ROFL!! :woo:
Actually, several people have claimed to be from the future - I forget particular names but they turn up every few years. They usually get dismissed as insane (probably are :sadnod:) but they are around.

Besides, as has been mentioned, it's the theory that they'll only be able to travel back to the moment they first invent one. Which is still bloody impressive!
Reply 13
Mrgd291190
Actually, several people have claimed to be from the future - I forget particular names but they turn up every few years. They usually get dismissed as insane (probably are :sadnod:) but they are around.

Besides, as has been mentioned, it's the theory that they'll only be able to travel back to the moment they first invent one. Which is still bloody impressive!

I bow my head in shame and stand corrected
Reply 14
Mrgd291190

Why is it that they will only be able to travel back to the moment they first invent one?
Magician
There isnt a theory to disprove time travel.

What about thermodynamics? :smile:
Reply 16
thomaskurian89
Why is it that they will only be able to travel back to the moment they first invent one?

not that that explains people traveling back in time but the theory is there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRWwI61so5Q&feature=related
Toiletpaper8
Time viewing is possible if you can travel faster than the speed of light.
Which unfortunately, is impossible. Hence, time view (or travel) or whatever is impossible. Or maybe I just misunderstood thaet Stephen Hawking book.
thomaskurian89
Since no one from the future has ever 'visited' us

How do you know?
The Muon
I bow my head in shame and stand corrected

No worries, wasn't aimed at you in particular :wink:

I do agree though, no one would ever know if a device had been invented. Just ...like...Roswell!!! :ninja:

Latest

Trending

Trending