The Student Room Group

Crush during flight

I saw a guy at airport when I was coming back to UK from my home country. I had a transit flight and at every point in my journey I thought he must be going to a different place but he too was actually coming to London. He was sitting at front of me in plane and I got to see him whenever he turned his face to one side. I think I got a crush on him. We travelled through the same journey which was 13 hours long. However I didn’t say hi or asked his name. Is there a way I can search his social accounts or get to know him?
Original post by Anonymous
Is there a way I can search his social accounts or get to know him?

Pretty much impossible, if you didn't talk to him and get his name (or any clues to his identity).

I guess if you found out his name (e.g. you heard him mention it OSLT), you could try, but how is it going to look by a random person trying to add him with an opening line of "Hi, I saw you on the flight... I think you're very attractive... erm, will you got to bed with me?" Chances are it'll make you look like a psycho stalker.

From my experience, when people are travelling on planes, they normally let their guard down and can be a bit more "chatty" (well, waaay more than they would be on The Tube lol). So you've got nothing to lose by trying to make some pleasant conversation with someone. I've spoken to many different types of people on flights (families, couples, single people etc.) and the only ones who can be a challenge are those who are either extremely tired, stressed or afraid of flying (it'll be obvious from their mannerisms and bodylanguage). That way if it goes well, then you can always exchange contact details and see where that takes you. If it doesn't, well you just indulge in the in-flight movie or other entertainment and you never have to see him again.

The moral of the story is. you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Reply 2
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Pretty much impossible, if you didn't talk to him and get his name (or any clues to his identity).

I guess if you found out his name (e.g. you heard him mention it OSLT), you could try, but how is it going to look by a random person trying to add him with an opening line of "Hi, I saw you on the flight... I think you're very attractive... erm, will you got to bed with me?" Chances are it'll make you look like a psycho stalker.

From my experience, when people are travelling on planes, they normally let their guard down and can be a bit more "chatty" (well, waaay more than they would be on The Tube lol). So you've got nothing to lose by trying to make some pleasant conversation with someone. I've spoken to many different types of people on flights (families, couples, single people etc.) and the only ones who can be a challenge are those who are either extremely tired, stressed or afraid of flying (it'll be obvious from their mannerisms and bodylanguage). That way if it goes well, then you can always exchange contact details and see where that takes you. If it doesn't, well you just indulge in the in-flight movie or other entertainment and you never have to see him again.

The moral of the story is. you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

I won't contact him but I just want to see his social accounts so is there a way to get to know his name eg; via flight lists etc?
Reply 3
I won't contact him but I just want to see his social accounts so is there a way to get to know his name eg; via flight lists etc?

I think it is pretty impossible, unless you had a glimpse of their luggage tag, that’s if they had any. The passengers list of a flight is confidential and not available to the general public for security reasons.

As Kschu said, there's no way they'd give that information out to you unless there was a very good reason (e.g. you were the police and wanted to speak to him about something). Above all, it's illegal for companies to disclose these type of personal details now because of the new GDPR laws (Formerly known as The Data Protection Act (1998)).

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/uk-gdpr-guidance-and-resources/

Without any clue of about his name etc, the only chance you've got is if you took a sneaky picture of him for the w**k bank (tut tut :naughty:)... if you did, then you can try doing a reverse image search on Google, and see if that reaps anything.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending