The Student Room Group
Reply 1
BraceLets.NeckLaces.:)
I'm wanting to do accounting or something businessy at university.
i've had to go to a course registration day today and i have picked these subjects:

Law
Business Studies
Economics
Media Studies (will be dropping next year)

If i get AAB overall, will these subjects get me into a uni such as Aston or Loughborough ?

It may be problematic for you taking Business Studies and Economics as there is a lot of cross over and as such they may not look favourably on your application. I would suggest if you are up to it dropping Business and taking Maths instead it would strengthen your application a lot.

If you managed AAB overall I would imagine you would be in with a very good chance. Goodluck
Reply 2
Yep they're gonna well nice choice btw :smile:
Reply 3
media studies is rubbish... don't do it, even if it is for a year, its not easy but still fails to gain any respect from most unis. LAW is ok... economics and business are very similar in some modules, economics is much more respected. i would suggest you do IT instead of media... but this is just my opinion.
abu.10
media studies is rubbish... don't do it, even if it is for a year, its not easy but still fails to gain any respect from most unis. LAW is ok... economics and business are very similar in some modules, economics is much more respected. i would suggest you do IT instead of media... but this is just my opinion.

I've already done AS-Level ICT. But it is a requirement at the college to take four lessons, so i thought i would do Media Studies because it's completely different from the rest and would be kind of like a "break" but seeing as yoyu say it's hard i'm not too sure lol. but thanks anyway:smile:

Latest