The Student Room Group

Loan implications when retaking part of course

Hi there, hoping someone can help please.

I may need to repeat the final semester of my degree. I am still enrolled on the course and understand that finance (maintenance and tuition fee loans) can only be paid as long as I'm in attendance.

But when I return to study I'd like to repeat the entire semester from January to catch up on missed work. As long as I haven't used my gift year will I get funding for the full semester or only from the date funding was stopped this year?

Additional information is that this is due to ill health (hence being behind) and I am pretty sure I can supply evidence for compelling personal reasons if needed. I'm more interested in whether I can repeat the last semester and still get funding for its entirety, in a similar way to if I was repeating the whole year.

Thanks so much!
Original post by lorna4444
Hi there, hoping someone can help please.

I may need to repeat the final semester of my degree. I am still enrolled on the course and understand that finance (maintenance and tuition fee loans) can only be paid as long as I'm in attendance.

But when I return to study I'd like to repeat the entire semester from January to catch up on missed work. As long as I haven't used my gift year will I get funding for the full semester or only from the date funding was stopped this year?

Additional information is that this is due to ill health (hence being behind) and I am pretty sure I can supply evidence for compelling personal reasons if needed. I'm more interested in whether I can repeat the last semester and still get funding for its entirety, in a similar way to if I was repeating the whole year.

Thanks so much!

Hi there, Based on the information provided we can provide funding for the repeat of the part year of the course. As only repeating part of the year they would need to enter the specific term dates on the application form and the funding would be pro-rata based on the length of study advised. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Based on the information provided we can provide funding for the repeat of the part year of the course. As only repeating part of the year they would need to enter the specific term dates on the application form and the funding would be pro-rata based on the length of study advised. Thanks, Angela

Thank you so much for your helpful reply Angela! Just a quick follow up question, would I have to pay any money back for the funding I've received for this semester if I'm withdrawing due to ill health to repeat next year? If it matters I'll be changing at least one module too. Thanks again
(edited 11 months ago)
Thank you so much for your helpful reply Angela! Just a quick follow up question, would I have to pay any money back for the funding I've received for this semester if I'm withdrawing due to ill health to repeat next year? If it matters I'll be changing at least one module too. Thanks again

Hi there, This would be calculated when we receive the Withdrawal from the university. Please ensure that the university advise that the reason for leaving the course is Health. Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Hi there, This would be calculated when we receive the Withdrawal from the university. Please ensure that the university advise that the reason for leaving the course is Health. Thanks, Angela

Thanks, understood. Is funding provided then for the period I did attend? Thanks again
Thanks, understood. Is funding provided then for the period I did attend? Thanks again

Hi there, Yes, that is correct. It is assessed until the last day you attended the course. Thanks, Angela
Reply 6
Hi there, Yes, that is correct. It is assessed until the last day you attended the course. Thanks, Angela

Perfect thank you Angela!
Perfect thank you Angela!

Hi there, You are more than welcome. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending