The Student Room Group

PGCE 2021 EU Students, bye bye Student Finance

Good morning,
I’d like, if possibile, to have some more informations about PGCE in foreign languages.
I’m Italian and I have been living in London for the past three years, I would love to apply in October to any 2021/22 course but, since the Brexit will not allow me to apply for student finance UK, I’ll have to try my luck with the scholarships. As a European, will I have any chance of gaining one, next year?
I’m currently a Journalism student on my last year of studies at the University of Westminster and I presume I will graduate with a 2:1.
I have studied Latin, English, Spanish and French at College (Liceo Linguistico) and my “Diploma” Is my only proof. Would that be enough for an entry criteria? The equivalent of a language Diploma in Italy is graded “B2 first certificate” in every language.
I also have plenty of experience with children and teenagers working as a Nanny, and online tutor.
Thank you very much for your time, I hope to receive some answers soon and to make this dream come dream.

Deborah
https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/explore-my-options/overseas-graduates

This is all I could find. Your best bet would be to contact student finance directly and universities that you are interested in. MFL is a shortage subject so that will work in your favour, at least.

"Financial support

To provide certainty to prospective students, we have confirmed that nationals from the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland starting courses in the academic year 2020 to 2021 or before can continue to receive financial support from Student Finance England for the duration of their course, providing they meet the eligibility requirements. These nationals will also continue to be eligible for a tax-free bursary or scholarship where applicable. For more information, visit Funding my training."
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by sp00kymcflukey
https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/explore-my-options/overseas-graduates

This is all I could find. Your best bet would be to contact student finance directly and universities that you are interested in. MFL is a shortage subject so that will work in your favour, at least.

"Financial support

To provide certainty to prospective students, we have confirmed that nationals from the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland starting courses in the academic year 2020 to 2021 or before can continue to receive financial support from Student Finance England for the duration of their course, providing they meet the eligibility requirements. These nationals will also continue to be eligible for a tax-free bursary or scholarship where applicable. For more information, visit Funding my training."

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending