The Student Room Group

Student finance for a second degree (first being abroad)

Hi,
I am a EU national with settled status in UK, I have a EU degree and a British PGCE. I am currently a teacher and I want to change career.
I have never done a Bristh degree before, only the PGCE. I have just heard that even if I studied abroad, I still won't be eligible for Student finance for another degree. I also know that some health degrees are exceptions, which is great as this is what I am interested in.
I wanted to know if the degree called BSc (Hons) Clinical herbalism (Lincoln College, full time) would be seen as a AHP and thus eligible for Student finance?
If this doesn't work, I am also considering physiotherapy or dietetics, full time. Would any of these work ?
Thank you for your help.
Sarah
Hi Sarahsev,

Clinical Herbalism is not considered an exception course. Dietetics and Physiotherapy are AHP courses so you will be able to get funding for these course if you already hold a degree and meet our other eligibility requirements.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
Many thanks for your answer. What about the Bachelors called « nutrition »( for example nutrition and exercise science at UClan or Nutritional science at CNELM ) They can lead to a Master in Dietetics. Would they be eligible for a second degree funding ?
Thank you
Sarah
Hi Sarahsev,

Nutrition courses on their own are not exceptions but Dietetics and Nutrition courses are. The course title needs to include "Dietetics" for you to be eligible.

Thanks,
Calum
Original post by Sarahsev
Many thanks for your answer. What about the Bachelors called « nutrition »( for example nutrition and exercise science at UClan or Nutritional science at CNELM ) They can lead to a Master in Dietetics. Would they be eligible for a second degree funding ?
Thank you
Sarah
Hi @Sarahsev,

I can see that you are interested in our Nutrition & Exercise Sciences course. If you have any questions about this course, I'd be happy to help. 😊

All the best,
Sarah
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi @Sarahsev,

I can see that you are interested in our Nutrition & Exercise Sciences course. If you have any questions about this course, I'd be happy to help. 😊

All the best,
Sarah

Please note that threads in this forum (Ask SFE) are answered by official SFE reps :smile:
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Sarahsev,
Nutrition courses on their own are not exceptions but Dietetics and Nutrition courses are. The course title needs to include "Dietetics" for you to be eligible.
Thanks,
Calum

Any further questions then do let us know. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending