The Student Room Group

AMA: Intern at one of the biggest investment banks in the world

Hey guys,

A little background about myself. I am a Computer Science student from a non-target uni. Just finished my 2nd year. Currently interning at one of the biggest Investment banks in the world - in the technology division.

I want to host an AMA to help out any future students and also share my experience on how I got the position.
(edited 3 years ago)
What did you take for A levels?
Original post by SuperiorPotato
What did you take for A levels?

I did the IB programme, so that's 6 subjects. Didn't know I wanted to do CS so I had subjects that weren't too focused :smile:
Reply 3
I have been studying IB for years but I will be relocating to UK for my sixth form and I am struggling if I should continue with the last two years of IBDP... I am studying English Lang & Lit, Math, Economics, Math Analysis & Approach, Biology, Films and a Modern Language. As it turns out most schools do not offer Films and the Modern Language which literally forces me to pick up another two subjects as substitutes. This really makes me feel if I should convert myself to study A levels instead. Should I? The four subjects that most interest me are English, Biology, Economics and Math however my Math grade is 5. People say A level Math is much harder, do you guys think I can handle A level math with IB Math background? BTW, I want to do investment banking eventually as well.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by OwenB33
I have been studying IB for years but I will be relocating to UK for my sixth form and I am struggling if I should continue with the last two years of IBDP... I am studying English Lang & Lit, Math, Economics, Math Analysis & Approach, Biology, Films and a Modern Language. As it turns out most schools do not offer Films and the Modern Language which literally forces me to pick up another two subjects as substitutes. This really makes me feel if I should convert myself to study A levels instead. Should I? The four subjects that most interest me are English, Biology, Economics and Math however my Math grade is 5. People say A level Math is much harder, do you guys think I can handle A level math with IB Math background? BTW, I want to do investment banking eventually as well.

IB and A levels are more or less on par. If you want to focus on a smaller subject group, by all means switch to A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest