The Student Room Group
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London

Graduate applying to A100 medicine programme

Hi, I am currently in the process of applying to universities to study medicine (undergraduate and graduate-entry programmes). I am applying via UCAS in October 2020 for the 2021/22 academic intake. I am aware that St.George's University of London are now accepting graduate applicants onto the 5-year Medicine MBBS programme. I have looked at the course structure for the undergraduate and graduate programmes, and I feel that I would prefer the extra year of study towards my medicine degree.

However, one of the entry requirements state that:

'With the exception of GCSEs, all qualifications must have been completed within the previous five years, including the year of application'.

As a postgraduate, I completed my A-Levels in June 2015. I then entered the MPharm programme which is a four-years integrated masters degree. I have then spent a year in practice and have decided to apply for medicine. Upon entry into 2021, I would have exceeded the five year requirement if the year of application is also included.

I am aware that the majority of graduates are likely to apply with undergraduate degrees which have spanned three years; thus, providing a higher likelihood of completing all the necessary qualifications within five years. However, as an MPharm graduate, this has not been possible. I also feel as though the extra year of practice in the NHS as a hospital pharmacist has allowed me to make an informed decision in applying to study medicine.

Therefore, would I be able to apply to the undergraduate programme for the 2021/22 intake without being penalised or my application automatically rejected?
best to email the medicine admissions team at KCL and/or try this link https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/contact-us
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending