The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bella_trixxx
It's okay, just wear glasses :yep:

so they can smash and you get glass in your eyes?! no thanks :no:
Vulpix
I have this massive phobia of getting a paper cut in the eye.

That sounds horrible! >_<
Reply 42
-WhySoSerious?
That sounds horrible! >_<

It would look horrible, too.
snowyowl
I'm scared of sick :frown: which is awful if I feel sick, cause I just get scared, which makes me feel worse... :frown:

If it's any consolation, this one's quite common. I have it too.

On the weirder side of things, I really, really can't stand polystyrene.
I used to have a phobia of cassette tapes... wahoo!
death.drop

Shatterproof glasses! :biggrin: That way you'd be protected... and wouldn't look silly at all... :p:
Reply 46
buttons. some are ok, like the metal ones like on jeans, but the thought of the ones I don't like touching my skin makes me feel sick :s-smilie: it's not too bad though.
By the way, while I'm on this topic, I'd like to add that the Willy Wonka film really terrified me as a child. To this day I cannot eat anythinig with blueberries in, look at an Oompa Loompa or hear the song... those creatures are utterly terrifying! :O
I couldn't be in the cinema when the Dark Knight trailer was playing, either. Heath Ledger's Joker is the scariest thing everrrrr!
Reply 48
death.drop

I've done this (because I'm stupid...) and it is awful. I was lucky though - I only cut the piece of skin between my eye and my eye brow.

That reminds me - anything going in the eye freaks me out. I read something regarding an eye operation (there's a video of it as well, which I haven't seen) which sounds gruesome.
Reply 49
hmmmmmmmmmm, I saw the onions in onion soup post, so it got me thinking...onions in toast? Ewww
Reply 50
The video for Thriller scares the ****e out of me. (still and I'm 19)
Reply 51
Also...now I remember it...Blackadder used to REALLY scare me as a child....I still don't like watching it......:frown:
Reply 52
I still can't bring myself to play Alien Trilogy on the PlayStation. I used to play it loads when I was about 10 and I didn't get scared at all, but I bought it again recently and for some reason I can't bring myself to complete the first level.

When the facehuggers jump on your face and cover the screen, it makes me jump, even though the graphics are terrible.
I am irrationally afraid of potpourri.
I'm not even sure why, but it scares me.
I'm really terrified of phoning people I don't know or when I don't know who will pick up the phone.
Reply 55
im afraid of teabags :frown: lmao. thankfully it hasnt reached a "phobia" stage yet... im not that bad
x.beth.x
My heart used to start to beat really fast if anyone even said they felt sick and I would literally run out of the room.

I sort of get this, too. Not as badly as I used to, but I do have a thing about people being sick. I don't want to be insensitive if someone's feeling ill, but I absoloutely cannot watch or hear someone throw up. Maybe I'm scared I'll throw up myself or something, I don't know. I'm also sort of scared of being sick myself, which obviously sucks.

Also, whoever said about getting a paper cut in the eye, I totally agree! That is so yuck! I'd rather get a different sort of cut, just not a paper cut!

I'm also scared of spiders and deep water, neither of which are particularly unusual.

Wow, there are a lot of threads on phobias today!
Yeah, but I'm sure there have been more than just two!

It always seems to happen, though, you get a load of threads at one time about one topic because everyone gets ideas from other threads.
jessiainscough
I'm really terrified of phoning people I don't know or when I don't know who will pick up the phone.

:ditto:

I'm so glad I've finally found someone who shares this with me!!

I've never really liked talking on the phone anyway, but if I have to phone someone who isn't my immediate family or is someone I don't know, even if it's just to make an appointment at the hairdresser, I get really nervous and worked up.
When I try to calm down and tell myself it's silly it just makes it worse. It's a horrible circle. :no:

It's worse if there are people around as well, so if my mum or dad are around and I need to make a phone call, I have to go in a different room, or I ask them to ring for me...they just don't understand it, and think I'm stupid. :frown:

I'm also scared of insects...generally anything with more than four legs. But that's not really that irrational.
gemmalouise

It's worse if there are people around as well, so if my mum or dad are around and I need to make a phone call, I have to go in a different room, or I ask them to ring for me...they just don't understand it, and think I'm stupid. :frown:

My parents don't understand either, so your not alone :frown:

I hate it so much, and I really hope I can get over it

Latest

Trending

Trending