The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

defined 'surprised'. because never have i had a spider turn on my lights with all my relatives surrounding it saying happy birthday.
Reply 61
JointVenture
defined 'surprised'. because never have i had a spider turn on my lights with all my relatives surrounding it saying happy birthday.

:indiff:
Reply 62
I was sitting on a sunlounger in Florida when a black widow came up through one of the slits in it. Not strictly the biggest or in my house, but it was my most unpleasant experience with a spider.
Bubbles*de*Milo
I was doing my homework on the floor in the living room. I went to get a drink, come back, MASSIVE spider on my book. I couldn't do my hw... so I kinda made it move by jumping on the floor (not on it, just near) then when it was far away enough from my hw I put a JUG on top of it and got back to work...
Of course jugs have that tippy bit where you pour water out of, so the spider got out really easily. I didn't notice it untill it was about to crawl on my arm... :woo: :eek3: :woo: :eek3::woo: :eek3::woo: :eek3::woo: :eek3::woo:

Another time (worse story) I was in my garden, leaning over a plant. I have pretty long hair (or I did then anyway) and as I bent over a MASSIVE spider started dangling from my fringe. I stood up, could see the spider dangling from the hair in front of my eyes. So, I started SCREAMING: "GETITOUTGETITIOUT GET IT OUTTTTTTTTT GETI ITT OUT" and I remember all I could think was that the spider would climb into my hair (like on my head) and would get trapped and I wouldn;t be able to find it...
So, there's a spider in my head, and my mum was sitting on one of our garden chairs and I ran up screaming to her. She saw the spider, went "Oh, ****" and actually RAN OFF, leaving me screaming at her... (she hates spiders too). So I found one of them thick gardening gloves and started whacking at my head untill it sorta flew off (by which I mean got thrown off). Yeah, that was awful... :eek:

I laughed at that second bit :biggrin:

"Screw you child, I'm saving myself!"
Reply 64
Nothing especially huge, but I did find an interestingly deformed Harvestman. It only had 7 legs, but one of them was twice the size of the rest.
A school friend thought it'd be funny to put a tarantula in my school bag. It wasn't nice.
Reply 66
T1m0thy
I don't know if you were talking to me?

I decided i would let her discover it for herself :laughing:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Reply 67
spiderman
Reply 68
Kayasmus
The biggest spider I ever saw was a Baboon spider. Don't ask if that's the official name, as I don't know and I'm not gonna google that ever!

I just googled "Baboon spider", and all the hair on my body is standing up and there is a little tear in my eye. I am TERRIFIED of spiders, especially ones like that. I had to clean the garage at my student house today and they were so many, although fortunately they were mostly small ones.

And the whole "you swallow x number of spiders" thing is complete tosh. http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/spiders.asp
Well, one as big as my arm once cooked me dinner for when I got in. Biggest spider and biggest surprise.

Bear_Grylls
an average chocolate bar has 8 spider legs inside it. fact

Saying fact after something doesn't make it a fact.

>_>

fact.
I once got up in the night and switched my light on. I felt something on my hand and it was this HUGE spider, I'd say it's body was about the size of the box that goes round your lightswitch and its legs were about 10cm long!

It scared the crap out of me! It was like midnight and I'd decided to read my book as I couldn't sleep and I screamed the house down. Let's just say my dad wasn't best pleased that he had to go downstairs and get the hoover and suck it up so that I'd go back to bed lol!
Reply 72
omfg. there's one in my kitchen at the moment. oh dear lord is ****ing massive
how the fook do you get rid of it :eek:

:rolleyes: i'm a such a ****king pussy when it comes to these things!!!

EDIT: Okay. I hoovered the ****er.
Reply 73
asdasta
I just googled "Baboon spider", and all the hair on my body is standing up and there is a little tear in my eye. I am TERRIFIED of spiders, especially ones like that. I had to clean the garage at my student house today and they were so many, although fortunately they were mostly small ones.

And the whole "you swallow x number of spiders" thing is complete tosh. http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/spiders.asp

You just made my day. I thought the one on my face was trying to get into my mouth after I had read that statistic the first time. Now I just think it was sadistic.
There was a massive one in my bedroom two nights ago, luckily my sister was out so I went to bed in her room. Yes I know, I'm very ashamed.
Palm size.

I just picked it up and put it outside.
I saw one the size of a elephant once :frown: i screamed and ran :frown: ahhh ihate spiders :frown:

I pour that sleeping tea tree stuff on them so they pass out then i scream and scream until some one gets it

I cant even put glasses on them cause the glass is see through and it might get out!
Reply 77
I used to quite like spiders, until a dreadful day when I was about 8, where I woke up with a large spider on me (I literally started having a fit in my bedroom), and then the same night, nearly stood on a massive one whilst going up the stairs. Since then I've hated them.

My dad is the only one who can handle them. One morning I woke up, went downstairs and saw my mum stood there paralysed in fear - spider on the sofa. Of course, I didn't want to get it either, so my mum made me run down to Fitness First to get my dad to come home and get it.

Couple of weeks ago a spider (albeit small spider) started dropping from the ceiling on to me. It scared me so much (more the fact that there was this spider suddenly dangling in my face, that as an impulse, I chucked my laptop across the room. I still can't believe it didn't break it.

So yeah, hate spiders.
This is a coincidence - last night there was a massive spider in my room. I was changing into my PJs and I saw it crawl out from under my dressing table. So I screamed and ran out the room, slamming the door behind me, only to notice that I was half naked lol. I was too scared to go back into my room to get clothes, so I had to go into my Mum's room and out one of her t-shirts on so I could go downstairs and get my Dad to get rid of it.

I'm absoloutely terrified of spiders , and I swear I'm getting worse, not better! I'm actually scared of living on my own because I'd have no clue what to do if I saw a spider. I can't even put a glass over them or something, I just have to run out of the room. Hopefully when I do live alone I'll make good friends with the neighbours so I can wake them up in the middle of the night to get rid of spiders for me :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending