The Student Room Group

Late Sixth Form Application

Basically, I was supposed to be attending my current school’s sixth form but due to personal reasons I no longer feel comfortable attending my school’s sixth form. I applied to another sixth form last week, as their applications are still open, and I received the response that students who applied by the deadline will be given priority and that I would be contacted again in two weeks to confirm my place at the sixth form. My school’s sixth form does not teach the English Language course and I want to study this subject, hence another reason why I’m changing sixth forms. I’d be absolutely mortified if I had to attend my school’s sixth form. Do you think I could get a place despite my extremely late application?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Cheese Pizza
Basically, I was supposed to be attending my current school’s sixth form but due to personal reasons I no longer feel comfortable attending my school’s sixth form. I applied to another sixth form last week, as their applications are still open, and I received the response that students who applied by the deadline will be given priority and that I would be contacted again in two weeks to confirm my place at the sixth form. My school’s sixth form does not teach the English Language course and I want to study this subject, hence another reason why I’m changing sixth forms. I’d be absolutely mortified if I had to attend my school’s sixth form. Do you think I could get a place despite my extremely late application?

Edit: Also, do you reckon they’ll run out of places?

You should be able to get a place. I know my college had a lot of people who accepted places and then dropped out within the first few weeks so there were spaces that opened up. Maybe this will happen where you're applying too?
Original post by Bekki S
You should be able to get a place. I know my college had a lot of people who accepted places and then dropped out within the first few weeks so there were spaces that opened up. Maybe this will happen where you're applying too?

Thanks, that makes me feel better about the situation.

Quick Reply

Latest