The Student Room Group

Apprenticeships

Hi, I am currently looking to start a Degree apprenticeship in Cyber Security in 2024 and am unaware of the whole process to apply or find them. I an really just looking for advice from people that have done a degree Apprenticeship previously. I am wondering when should I start applying for an apprenticeship for a 2024 start and how to apply for them. Should I contact business asking about degree apprenticeships they may have open?
Reply 1
Original post by Lanldo123
Hi, I am currently looking to start a Degree apprenticeship in Cyber Security in 2024 and am unaware of the whole process to apply or find them. I an really just looking for advice from people that have done a degree Apprenticeship previously. I am wondering when should I start applying for an apprenticeship for a 2024 start and how to apply for them. Should I contact business asking about degree apprenticeships they may have open?

It's quite late to start applying for September intake. Many apprenticeship vacancies would have closed by now. I'd recommend checking out the government website for apprenticeships. The application usually involved a CV, answering questions, then in later stages, interviews and competency tests.
Reply 2
Original post by Mara1680
It's quite late to start applying for September intake. Many apprenticeship vacancies would have closed by now. I'd recommend checking out the government website for apprenticeships. The application usually involved a CV, answering questions, then in later stages, interviews and competency tests.

oh no I'm looking for starting in September 2024 as I finish college in may
Reply 3
Original post by Lanldo123
oh no I'm looking for starting in September 2024 as I finish college in may

I definitely wouldn't say it's too late. There will still be vacancies available, but apprenticeships resemble job applications much more than they do uni applications, which means they open and close all year round rather than just when people finish school/college/sixth form.

Have you had a look at what's available yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending