The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

What to do if Leeds blank me?

Hey all,

So I have accepted an offer to an MSc at Leeds in their Computing department. I have various questions, ranging from finances to module content and end dates (some of the questions are quite pressing, while others could probably wait).

They are not answering their phones as, presumably, coronavirus prevents them from working in the building. That's understandable. I sent off an email to their advertised "contact us" email, [email protected], two weeks ago and have gotten no reply. A week after sending it I forwarded it with a little note to their more general email, [email protected]. No reply from them either.

Almost this exact same thing happened earlier, before corona, however I was able to call them up and get an answer immediately then.

My next plan would be to email the academic course leader personally to try and find out answers to my questions about course dates and modules (I have looked DEEP into their publicly available information, and while I found most of the answers I wanted, there are still some that remain unanswered). Do you think this plan would come off rude? Is there any better plan?
a Leeds Undergrad explained to me that it is common knowledge that the LU teaching is brilliant, from amazing & knowledgeable staff; however the admin side, even pre-Covid, was dire

Carry-on digging deeper! Good Luck
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest