The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants UCL 2021

This is a general forum for anyone applying for pharmacy at the UCL for entry in 2021!

Feel free to drop any questions, opinions etc you may have.

Questions you can answer to keep the thread going:
1. What grades did you get at GCSE?
2. What work experience/ volunteering/ extra curricular activities have
you done?
3. What other universities are you thinking of applying to?
4. How do you think coronavirus is going to affect the 2020-2021 year
13 cohort in terms of our UCAS applications?
5. Why do you want to apply for pharmacy?
6. Why UCL in particular?

Of course feel free to post anything else you want! This is just a basis.

Scroll to see replies

1) A*-Econs, 9-chem, 8-bio, 8-history, 8-maths, 8-RS, 7-Eng Lit, 7-Phys, 6-Eng Lang, Distinction*-BTEC Music, Distinction-Eng spoken lang
2) I have worked in the dispensary of a large clinic in Hong Kong, shadowing a pharmacist. I have volunteered in a care home. I have shadowed a dermatologist. I have also worked at the foundations department of an accounting firm, helping organise an annual event.
3) Other than UCL, I'm thinking of applying to KCL, Bath, Nottingham and Kingston
4) I feel as if the government is going to make an exam happen, where we actually sit in a hall to do the paper. I don't feel as if it will affect us as much as it affected the 2019-2020 year 13s
5) Personally, I've always been interested in medicines and drugs. Not only the body's response to drugs but also how it is delivered into the body. I also like the idea of having patient interactions and the fact that when I become a pharmacist, people can confide in me and can come to me for advice on something I have a passion about.
6) UCL has been my dream since many years ago. I feel like studying in such a world renowned and respected university would help about in terms of job prospects. I also like how UCL has a designated department in which they help students achieve the careers they want.
What does everyone think about the negativity that pharmacy is receiving in terms of saturation and low job prospects?
Original post by Anonymous129836
What does everyone think about the negativity that pharmacy is receiving in terms of saturation and low job prospects?

I don't know why people think that because it certainly isn't true
Original post by Anonymous129836

People think Pharmacy is oversaturated because a few years ago there were articles saying that too many pharmacy schools were opening up and universities were able to accept as many students as they want so they estimated that it was going to be oversaturated however the government implemented a cap meaning each uni can only take in a certain amount of students so now they are saying there's at least 6000 job spaces for pharmacists in the NHS and not enough people to fill up the spaces.
But with a pharmacy degree, you're not only limited to being a pharmacist as some also go into industry and work for pharmaceutical companies/ go into research and teaching.
do you guys think if im predicted ABB, i could potentially be offered a place, since UCL entry requirements is AAB?
Reply 6
There's an interview process aswel
Reply 7
Hi, I was wondering if there were any international students applying for the 5 year pre reg integrated degree?
Reply 8
Hi everyone, I am currently in year 13, due to the current situation my school did our mocks in mid- September and I have received my predicted grades which meet the AAB requirement for Pharmacy. But I was hoping to do some class tests through which I can increase my prediction, which could mean I submit my application late November early December. I would be so grateful if someone could tell me whether submitting my application late November early December decrease my chances of getting an offer from UCL and Kings maybe because its competitive or there simply would be less spaces available.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by k.aitlyn
Hi, I was wondering if there were any international students applying for the 5 year pre reg integrated degree?

Hi, I'm applying as an EU student so I guess I would be considered as an international applicant.

May I ask with what grades you are applying with (A-levels or IB)?
Reply 10
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has heard of the possibility of receiving an unconditional offer for MPharm in UCL or any other London uni?
Reply 11
Hi, I was just wondering if it is possible to receive an unconditional offer for MPharm UCL with just the predicted grades?
Original post by meriam0207
Hi, I was just wondering if it is possible to receive an unconditional offer for MPharm UCL with just the predicted grades?

There's no chance
Reply 13
Original post by Madhatter0102
There's no chance

Just curious, what do you mean by there not being any chance? I'm an EU applicant so I don't really know much, sorry if I am asking obvious questions...
Just curious, what do you mean by there not being any chance? I'm an EU applicant so I don't really know much, sorry if I am asking obvious questions...

Sorry if that came off rude, all pharmacy applicant do get interviews.
Reply 15
Original post by Madhatter0102
Sorry if that came off rude, all pharmacy applicant do get interviews.

No not at all! That makes sense, but can you not receive an unconditional offer after having your interview with your predicted grades?
No not at all! That makes sense, but can you not receive an unconditional offer after having your interview with your predicted grades?

No, pharmacy is kind of a competitive degree and ucl pharmacy is very competitive. So they wouldnt give you an unconditional even if you have 3A*
Did anybody receive any links to the online test yet? Or received any interview offers?
Yesssssss, just received my UCL MPharm OFFER! Can't believe it, my third choice already confirmed allows for a bit of relief. GOOD LUCK GUYS!!
Original post by medicdbsahjv
Yesssssss, just received my UCL MPharm OFFER! Can't believe it, my third choice already confirmed allows for a bit of relief. GOOD LUCK GUYS!!

congrats!! did you do any interviews or online tests before receiving your offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending