The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Malinski
Each to their own dude! If you don't want it, don't go there and don't eat it, simple as.

I agree. But in a Christian nation, there should be a non-Halal version.
Fusion
Does halal meat taste any different?

No.
Speedbird2008

At least give us the bloody option.

Ewww i'd rather not thanks. That's the last time I get any form of red sauce on my sub :frown:
Speedbird2008
Pisses me off when Subway only serve Halal meat.

I don't want to eat (what I believe to be) inhumanely slaughtered meat. :no:

At least give us the bloody option.

From wikipedia
Dhabīḥah (ذَبِيْحَ&#1577:wink: is the prescribed method of ritual slaughter of all animals excluding fish and most sea-life per Islamic law. This method of slaughtering animals consists of a swift, deep incision with a sharp knife on the neck, cutting the jugular veins and carotid arteries of both sides but leaving the spinal cord intact. The objective of this technique is to more effectively drain the body of the animal's blood, resulting in more hygienic meat, and to minimize the pain and agony for the animal.

Malinski
There is! Most Subways aren't halal. Anyways making it Halal, means more money for them, don't think they should complain :p:

Edit: Have you tasted Halal meat?

True! :p: :biggrin:

No I haven't, and I don't want to either.

More to the point, Subway is indecently nice, Halal or non-Hala. :yep:
Malinski
That's fine, you shouldn't have to eat what you don't want! Aslong you enjoy what you eat...it's all good!! :biggrin:

Ahh talking about Subway has made me crave it...great! :p:

Hehe. :biggrin:
Russel brand
Night clubs
Artic monkeys
parma ham
Alcohol
Reply 207
1. Harry Potter
2. Bollywood movies
3. English Sport in general, cricket and football in particular
4. Drinking
5. Socialites and Celebrities
Glorious Lozhka
5. Sex - You don't even have to have experienced it to know that it's not quite as important or amazing as it's commonly portrayed to be.
4. Drunkenness - Getting tipsy is fun, yes, but what on earth is the point in getting so intoxicated that you're out of your own control and can't even remember what you did once you've sobered up?
3. Clubbing - The music's so loud that you have to shout in order to converse, you might not even like what's being played, and all there really is to do is drinking yourself silly and dancing amongst the other hot, sweaty drunkards.
2. Human beings - We're not even a millionth as fantastic as we'd like to think.
1. Life itself :p: :biggrin:

Agree 100% with 5, 4 and 3
1. Smoking (I tried a cigarette expecting to get some huge buzz and felt...nothing.)
2. Scouting For Girls. (Very very bad.)
3. School. (Apparently the best days of your life but I'm pretty sure they weren't.)
4. Crisp sandwiches. Well I was disappointed when I tried one anyway.
5. As others have said...clubbing. Ok in moderation but gets reaaaaaallly boring when you go the same place every week.

:yep:
Reply 210
I don't think human beings are merely "modified monkeys" for example, as some people put it. We were pretty impressive beings, especially if we are the product of natural selection. The human mind is fantastic in comparison to that of any other species, in what it can comprehend.
Reply 211
dogs
humans in general, silly things
hunks of meat
ready salted crisps
normal coke - coke zero is obviously a billion times snazzier

Latest

Trending

Trending