The Student Room Group

University of Warwick MSc Accounting and Finance or MSc Finance?

Hi, I am an international student looking to apply for either the MSc Accounting and Finance or MSc Finance. I have been working as an auditor in one of the Big 4 audit firms for more than three years and have earned a CPA here in my home country. I would like to further my career in corporate finance, and somewhere along the line I would like to become financial controller/finance manager of some sort.

I have been looking at the courses MSc Accounting and Finance and MSc Finance. I think the MSc Finance is more competitive and seems to fare better when it comes to graduate outcomes. However, after looking at the modules offered I think I could build more upon my audit experience with the MSc Accounting and Finance. Plus, the MSc Finance seems a bit too quatitative to my liking and leans more towards investment analysis rather than corporate finance (I may be mistaken here). So, I am a bit torn on this one.

I would appreciate some advices from those who have studied in the MSc Accounting and Finance or MSc Finance. Which course would be the better option considering my career ambition and my background?

Thanks in advance.
(edited 3 years ago)
You seem to be leaning towards Accounting and Finance more. Ultimately, the decision is yours and you'll need to do plenty of research into which modules suit you most.
Again, we are not sure if your intention is to study in the UK or away from the UK as a distanced learning project?. Currently the UK has witnessed many changes relating to foreign students studying here. There is ample opportunity to study online and as distanced learning than before. However, what is the goal in choosing Warwick? Let me know if your intention is to come to the UK and I will be happy to assist you in the complete process including finding your admission, hospital surcharge, Biometric ID, providing visa assistance and securing an accommodation for that purpose. As a British Council Consultant, we are always delighted and happy to help any prospective UK student from abroad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending