The Student Room Group

I'm feeling very depressed, lost and worried

I failed my final year of university. I am so stressed. I don't know what to do. I ruined my own life!!!
Original post by Anonymous
I failed my final year of university. I am so stressed. I don't know what to do. I ruined my own life!!!

I'm so sorry that you failed. You haven't ruined your own life though, there are other options. You're worth so much more than your uni results. I understand that you're stressed and you must feel so awful, but this isn't the end. I'm sure you'll be able to learn from this, I know how horrible it feels to get bad grades. ): i hope you feel better.

Good luck my friend
Some options for you:
1. Retake final year (may be expensive depending on finance but means you get a degree)
2. Take what you learned and run with it (degree dependent but starting your own business for example after a business degree)
3. Use contacts you found at uni to find a job
4. Scrap the whole uni thing, grow form your mistake and choose a new avenue for yourself like starting an apprenteship and working your way up from the bottom.
Reply 3
Why do you fail university? Due to mental health issues?
Reply 4
Original post by shebk
Why do you fail university? Due to mental health issues?

Yes, I didn't hand anything in because I couldn't complete anything. 😢😞
Reply 5
Yes, I didn't hand anything in because I couldn't complete anything. 😢😞

I'm sorry to hear that
What do you major in?
Is it a good university?
Reply 6
Biomedical science. Staffordshire
Reply 7
I'm sure you can re-take the last year.
First you need to resolve the cause for your 'failure' . It may take time, meanwhile find a job, work on your issues. You can ask some contacts from the uni to help you.
Biomedical Science is a hard degree. Do you really want it?
Reply 8
Biomedical science. Staffordshire

Staffordshire seems a good university.
Can you repeat the last year?
By the way, do you have boyfriend/girlfriend to share your feelings?
Hi,
Thanks for sharing your experience and I'm sorry you've had what looks like a difficult year.
As mentioned above, there are always options to help get you back to track.
My advice would be to chat to your Course Tutor, who I'm sure will be very supportive. It would also be useful to contact the Student Support/Counselling Team in our Student Hub who can help you with issues of stress as well as academic advice.
Again, please don't worry. It can feel overwhelming if you don't feel you have achieved what you expected, but support is there for you.
Take care,
Shaun

Quick Reply

Latest