The Student Room Group

Does anyone listen to the radio and if so what station?

As the title says :smile:

I personally like listening to Capital FM although after a few days/weeks it gets quite repetitive as they just play the same set of songs pretty much all day everyday... BBC Radio 1 is alright but I haven't listened to it in a while now, they seem more varied though I think from memory.
Reply 1
I do!

Usually Heart FM; pretty much grew up on the music they play but their Friday/Sat/Sun evening selection of dance classics is pretty much the same all the time
Original post by TJ1997
I do!

Usually Heart FM; pretty much grew up on the music they play but their Friday/Sat/Sun evening selection of dance classics is pretty much the same all the time

Ahh yes good old heart! I used to listen to them in the car on the way to school when I was younger! I was never fond of the channel on Saturday evening when I tuned in :/
Mellow Magic! Relaxing good old tunes :smile: currently listening to it right now actually!
Original post by EstelleA
Mellow Magic! Relaxing good old tunes :smile: currently listening to it right now actually!

Ooo I've never heard of that station before! I shall give them a listen : ) I am currently listening to Capital FM!
Reply 5
Original post by EstelleA

I've grown up listening to Magic Radio, it's always been amazing! They've basically been shaping my music taste for all these years

Smooth and Heart are both top notch as well, especially when they do the 80's-00's songs!
Reply 6
Original post by SouthBridge24
Ahh yes good old heart! I used to listen to them in the car on the way to school when I was younger! I was never fond of the channel on Saturday evening when I tuned in :/

Yeah same here, I used to love the breakfast show. I've got the app now so will tune in every now and then, especially for the Sunday show where they play an hour of solid 90s anthems!

Oh really? Do you remember what they were playing on the Saturdays?
(edited 3 years ago)
BBC Radio 2
I usually listen to Radio 1 when on car journeys. Recently been listening to old ‘24 years at the tap end’ episodes on YouTube
capital fm
capital xtra
If u go on google n type in radio garden - there r radios from all over the world that u can listen to - it’s so cool
Radio 1 only, really. Have it on most days, especially during work - I really dislike adverts so struggle to listen to other stations for long.

Quick Reply

Latest