Apidafu
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Anyone planning on applying to the new Bsc Data Science course in LSE? It was only introduced this year so there's not a lot of information about the course but it seems to have a good mix of modules on computer science and statistics.
Advertisement
bigfish06
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Apidafu)
Anyone planning on applying to the new Bsc Data Science course in LSE? It was only introduced this year so there's not a lot of information about the course but it seems to have a good mix of modules on computer science and statistics.
Yeah potentially, do you have any idea if its competitive right now or not?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bigfish06)
Yeah potentially, do you have any idea if its competitive right now or not?
It possibly will be competitive because of the fact that it's a new course and thus generally they open up with few / little seats. However, with a relevant personal statement and the required predicted grades, I'm sure there'll be no issue anyways. I am looking to apply for it this year as well. Not so confident with achieved grades of A*A*A in Maths, Econs and physics respectively. All the best to you!
Advertisement
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It possibly will be competitive because of the fact that it's a new course and thus generally they open up with few / little seats. However, with a relevant personal statement and the required predicted grades, I'm sure there'll be no issue anyways. I am looking to apply for it this year as well. Not so confident with achieved grades of A*A*A in Maths, Econs and physics respectively. All the best to you!
Achieved? That's great! I'm doing the same subjects as you so hopefully i can get the same. Surely Lse will have to accept you. Their entry requirements are only AAA which doesn't seem too high especially for such a good uni.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Achieved? That's great! I'm doing the same subjects as you so hopefully i can get the same. Surely Lse will have to accept you. Their entry requirements are only AAA which doesn't seem too high especially for such a good uni.
You'll do better i'm sure! Honestly I was hoping for better but I really regret not having the chance to actually write the exams. I'm just hoping to get into LSE for Data Science this year, I've always been thinking about cs or econs as a major, but then data science I feel combines both and adds a little statistics element to it! Are you applying for the same course?
Advertisement
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
You'll do better i'm sure! Honestly I was hoping for better but I really regret not having the chance to actually write the exams. I'm just hoping to get into LSE for Data Science this year, I've always been thinking about cs or econs as a major, but then data science I feel combines both and adds a little statistics element to it! Are you applying for the same course?
I'm not #2 but I'm considering applying - right now I only have AAA in maths, computer science, physics - I'm doing the exams for maths and computer science, so best case scenario I will have A*A*A to apply with in dec/jan, and then I'm planning to do Further Maths as an AS over the year (which I'm hoping I can be predicted an A for). Worst case scenario I don't think I'll apply with 3 As, if people are applying with A*s
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I hope to. It all depends on my predicted grades but the course seems really interesting.
Advertisement
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm not #2 but I'm considering applying - right now I only have AAA in maths, computer science, physics - I'm doing the exams for maths and computer science, so best case scenario I will have A*A*A to apply with in dec/jan, and then I'm planning to do Further Maths as an AS over the year (which I'm hoping I can be predicted an A for). Worst case scenario I don't think I'll apply with 3 As, if people are applying with A*s
3 As is probably enough. If i were you, i would do things to help your personal statement e.g. personal projects, lectures, books etc. They value your interest in the subject a lot. Doing AS fm will definitely be a huge plus.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (52)
15.25%
I'm not sure (8)
2.35%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (119)
34.9%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.76%
I'm not a current university student (156)
45.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise