The Student Room Group

Drama A level and Oxford University

Hey I’m starting year 12. So because of timetabling, I can’t do all of my 4 chosen A levels: Drama, Economics, Maths and Physics. Out of Drama, Economics and Maths I can only choose 2 but i want to get into Oxbridge so because i feel like Drama is looked down on and I’m only doing 3, would I still be able to get into Oxbridge with choosing Drama and 2 other A levels?
What are you thinking of applying for?
do what u love
dont chose cuz u want to get to Oxbridge...majority get rejected so don't base ur decision on that
Why not send them an email? My instinct is that it would be fine, but for a clear answer just contact the university's directly or see if there's any information on their website. Ordinarily, if your A-levels match what's required for the course, the other subject(s) shouldn't matter
Original post by Saskia.04
Hey I’m starting year 12. So because of timetabling, I can’t do all of my 4 chosen A levels: Drama, Economics, Maths and Physics. Out of Drama, Economics and Maths I can only choose 2 but i want to get into Oxbridge so because i feel like Drama is looked down on and I’m only doing 3, would I still be able to get into Oxbridge with choosing Drama and 2 other A levels?

Are you thinking about studying Maths, economics or physics at uni.

Because Oxbridge level uni's also tend to want further maths for these courses.

3 A Levels is fine, and Drama is not 'looked down on'. But as @mnot says, you best check the requirements for the specific course you're interested in, as courses like Physics specify certain subjects and others advise certain subjects would be helpful once you are there (although they wouldn't be required for entry).

That said, I think the advice given by @vix.xvi might be best of all.
Reply 6
Original post by liverninthered
Why not send them an email? My instinct is that it would be fine, but for a clear answer just contact the university's directly or see if there's any information on their website. Ordinarily, if your A-levels match what's required for the course, the other subject(s) shouldn't matter

That’s a good idea, i didn’t think of that so thankyou

I took three Alevels Drama included and was offered a place for History - it isnt looked down upon, in fact my tutors asked about how i used my Drama Alevel as a historian ie plays historical values. I think they also like that you have a more creative side
Reply 8
Friend of mine got in for PPE with drama as one of their 3.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending