The Student Room Group

BM5 / BM6 Medicine Southampton Deferred Entry 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brambram5
Wow- looks like your making the best of our situation. I resat last year so now I’ve got another year but in a way I’m getting used to the idea. It will be a proper gap year. I need to learn to drive! I don’t really want to work in any medical job related field! I want to do something totally different that I’d not get the chance to otherwise. I saw a fun Volunteering job with Learning Disability groups to organise small trips to the seaside as their holidays have been cancelled.
I’ve got to save money too. I want to travel. Next May maybe a group of us could go. Would be great.
What kind of paid work are you all thinking of doing? I’m quite happy at Waitrose again pay is quite good. For purpose of flexibility and pounds

Damn same I really need to drive aswell!! Woah yeah if a group of us went that would be sick!! I have been working an admin job with a family friend so will be continuing that a bit more. Lol my experience in retail has not been a good one so I will be staying away from that! Volunteering actually sounds lovely I might join ya
Original post by sendnukes
Damn same I really need to drive aswell!! Woah yeah if a group of us went that would be sick!! I have been working an admin job with a family friend so will be continuing that a bit more. Lol my experience in retail has not been a good one so I will be staying away from that! Volunteering actually sounds lovely I might join ya

I worked at Waitrose every holiday and summer! It’s not glamouress and they always stick me in frozen foods. But pay and hours are good..Do you think Covid will Be over by say April? I’m too scared to book anything in case travel bans. Anyone else got ideas for this year!
Original post by sendnukes
Same I highkey want to be a chef by the end of this year lol. I really want to go to Japan but I know that it’ll drain every penny of savings I have.. tbh I’m looking around at conservation projects aswell and there’s some affordable ones in Madagascar (Brazil was also on the list but not anymore with its Covid death rate.) maybe I’m being too adventurous lol where are you thinking of going?

Woahh that sounds so cool!! I might do an interrail through Europe or something but for now I’m just working lots. We should try and meet all our gap year medics at some point before we start!!
Original post by Tsruser123456
Woahh that sounds so cool!! I might do an interrail through Europe or something but for now I’m just working lots. We should try and meet all our gap year medics at some point before we start!!

Yep! Where and what are you working as? I think I’m going to do as many shifts as I can to get money together. Interrail sounds great fun
Original post by Brambram5
Yep! Where and what are you working as? I think I’m going to do as many shifts as I can to get money together. Interrail sounds great fun

I managed to get two jobs literally last week so I’m working at Argos and I’m also going to be a part time healthcare assistant which shall be funnn, hbu?
I’m doing shifts at Waitrose. Tills is good but stacking freezer is vvv cold
Hi! I’m in the same position as you guys. My entry has been deferred for BM6 to 2021, and I will be sitting the summer exams. Glad to know I’m not the only one on this boat. Are any of you planning on applying to other med schools again this year or just sticking to BM6?
Original post by violetblue253
Hi! I’m in the same position as you guys. My entry has been deferred for BM6 to 2021, and I will be sitting the summer exams. Glad to know I’m not the only one on this boat. Are any of you planning on applying to other med schools again this year or just sticking to BM6?

Sticking to BM6 I cba for the whole admissions process
Original post by Waj-L
Sticking to BM6 I cba for the whole admissions process

Ohh are you taking any exams? Or did your CAGs match the offer? That’s my thing I cba to sit the UCAT even though I’ve booked it just in case I can get on a 5 year program since I’m already taking a gap year. But at the same time doing a foundation year wouldn’t hurt.
Reply 29

I‘m sticking to BM6. Even though it’s an extra year on top of a gap year , I rly like the Uni and going through all the admission stuff again is not rly attracting 😂
Original post by niromedic
I‘m sticking to BM6. Even though it’s an extra year on top of a gap year , I rly like the Uni and going through all the admission stuff again is not rly attracting 😂

Very true that’s what putting me off 🤣 but again I’m glad I won’t be the only that will be 19 when I’m starting. Are you taking the any exams (if so when)?
Ohh are you taking any exams? Or did your CAGs match the offer? That’s my thing I cba to sit the UCAT even though I’ve booked it just in case I can get on a 5 year program since I’m already taking a gap year. But at the same time doing a foundation year wouldn’t hurt.

Retaking chemistry and maths and yeah I’ve booked the UCAT too. I think I’m just going to cancel it. If you reckon you can get into 5 year course might as well try.
Original post by Waj-L
Retaking chemistry and maths and yeah I’ve booked the UCAT too. I think I’m just going to cancel it. If you reckon you can get into 5 year course might as well try.

Yeahh same. I wouldn’t even be thinking about doing the UCAT if my firm was as lenient about summer exams as Southampton and other med schools. But idk if I’ll do it I might as well focus on revision. Is anyone here from London btw?
Reply 33
Very true that’s what putting me off 🤣 but again I’m glad I won’t be the only that will be 19 when I’m starting. Are you taking the any exams (if so when)?

I don’t have to take the exams but I was planning on taking the summer ones just to improve my grades and also to prove to myself that I’m capable of more lol 😂 but I don’t know whether I should tbh
Reply 34
Yeahh same. I wouldn’t even be thinking about doing the UCAT if my firm was as lenient about summer exams as Southampton and other med schools. But idk if I’ll do it I might as well focus on revision. Is anyone here from London btw?

South London 😊
I don’t have to take the exams but I was planning on taking the summer ones just to improve my grades and also to prove to myself that I’m capable of more lol 😂 but I don’t know whether I should tbh

If I were you I would be chillingggg right now, you already have your grades and your space 🤣 doing exams would be the last thing on my mind
South London 😊

Ahhh I’m from North but hope to see you all at Southampton next year good luck with whatever you’re doing x
Ahhh I’m from North but hope to see you all at Southampton next year good luck with whatever you’re doing x

I live like an hour away from London 😂 has Southampton put your deferred entry on ucas yet? x
I feel like I need to be doing some form of work this year so I don’t forget everything but I don’t know what to do, is anyone else going to try and study this year? 😂
I’m going to just go over my Chem and biology a month or so before we start or I will really be the thick one in our year😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending