De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Official De Montfort University 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous
@DMU Enquiry Team for child/adult nursing, do you have to sit any tests such as maths or English during the application process?

I applied for nursing and there was no tests, just an interview first before they decide whether to offer you a place :smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by student4953
Same I have an offer for adult nursing at DMU, I just need to choose between BU, DMU, Kingston, Middlesex, UWE Bristol.

Hi, do you know what kind of questions will be asked for adult nursing in DMU
Reply 42
Hi,

I'm an international student and I have applied to DMU through UCAS for a BSc course.
I wanted to know if they are telling you that you're admitted during the process, or do they "reveal" the admission list only at the end (in May) ?
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to De Montfort University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Hi,

I just got an unconditional offer to study comic and concept art at De Montfort. I’m really struggling with the decision though, my first choice has always been Staffordshire since I went to an open day before coronavirus and the course if perfect for me.

However, De Montfort’s course also has comic art as an element in the course which I love.

Both are equal distances from where I live too.

If anyone is a current or past student of comic and concept art at De Montfort, please tell me your experience so that I have an easier time making this decision. It's a hard one for me.
Reply 44
Hi! I’m looking into doing fine art at de Montfort, if anyone else is let’s have a chat as I don’t see anyone on this thread that is applying for the same course :frown: And Has anyone who has applied for fine art had an interview? I haven’t been asked about an interview yet but I had an offer - will they still want to interview me? If anyone can help answer this please do lol :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to De Montfort University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

heyyy have not seen anyone doing my course on here, I'm doing Advertising and Marketing communications. Let me know if you are too :smile:
Reply 46
hiya, I've applied for learning disability nursing, anyone else applied for the same course?
Original post by Nyli8
I applied for nursing and there was no tests, just an interview first before they decide whether to offer you a place :smile:

Was the interview hard. Do they ask u scenario based questions??
Original post by student4953
Hi, when I applied I didnt have to do any Englsh or Maths test, it was just an interview and obviously your UCAS profile

How was the interview was there scenario based questions??
Original post by Nyli8

How was the interview what kinda of things do they ask and what do I need to go over before the interview
How was the nursing interview was there any tests what kind of stuff do I need to know??
Original post by gge1.x
I've applied to do children's nursing at DMU!! :smile:

Have you done your interview if you have how was it ??
Reply 52
Was the interview hard. Do they ask u scenario based questions??

How was the interview was there scenario based questions??

I didn’t find it hard but I had done quite a bit of prep before hand, I had no scenario questions but ‘tell me a time when you’ve’ type of questions :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by Qwertyuio615
How was the interview what kinda of things do they ask and what do I need to go over before the interview

The interview itself was nice and relaxed, I can’t quite remember a lot of it now but theres a few ‘tell me a time when you’ve’ type of questions but just make sure you go over things like the 6Cs and NHS values :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by De Montfort University
hi there!
if you have been made an offer can I check -is it a conditional offer? your letter from DMU will state whether you need to pass an interview.
Should you wish to talk in more detail about your application, you can chat to us here or on 0116 2 50 60 70 or WhatsApp on 07970 655800

Hope this helps!

Best wishes

leena

Yeah, they sent a letter and it’s a conditional, but they haven’t mentioned an interview I don’t think, I’ll double check :smile:
How long did it take you to receive an offer for adult nursing at DMU.
I decided to go for animation at DMU as I did not feel like I would be fit for the Game Art course :smile: is anyone else doing animation at DMU in 2021?
Reply 57
I have an offer for adult nursing. It took about 8 days I think. Exciting stuff!
I have made De Montfort Uni my firm choice and have applied for a Business Management degree, and have just booked my accommodation. But I am waiting to hear back from the disability team about a meeting to discuss my arrangements. I am currently studying Maths and Business A Levels, Applied Science BTEC and AS Level in Further Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending