The Student Room Group

Do Universities especially in UK and US need the mid-term raw scores?

So I study International A-Levels from India and I got 4A's in my AS with distinction in each. I had a A2 internal midterm recently, which didnt go very well (f#ck you corona) and I'm expecting somewhere b/w 80 to 85 percentage total. I'll probably still get 4A* predicted. Will this effect my chances to get admission at top uni's?? Do they need to know my midterm scores? Kindly help me!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Naveed2002
So I study International A-Levels from India and I got 4A's in my AS with distinction in each. I had a A2 internal midterm recently, which didnt go very well (f#ck you corona) and I'm expecting somewhere b/w 78 to 85 percentage total. I'll probably still get 4A* predicted. Will this effect my chances to get admission at top uni's?? Do they need to know my midterm scores? Kindly help me!

Typically in the uk the only grades that get sent off on your ucas application are predicted grades, the only other grades they see are your final a level grades and final gcse grades (or whatever equivalent qualification you have done), and even then i dont believe the predicted grades account for much unless they’re significantly below the universities standard offer or youre applying to oxbridge, so you should be perfectly fine. Good luck with your a levels and applications.
Reply 2
So I study International A-Levels from India and I got 4A's in my AS with distinction in each. I had a A2 internal midterm recently, which didnt go very well (f#ck you corona) and I'm expecting somewhere b/w 78 to 85 percentage total. I'll probably still get 4A* predicted. Will this effect my chances to get admission at top uni's?? Do they need to know my midterm scores? Kindly help me!

No, you only have to declare externally examined (or assessed) results.
Reply 3
Original post by xx-creampuff-xx
Typically in the uk the only grades that get sent off on your ucas application are predicted grades, the only other grades they see are your final a level grades and final gcse grades (or whatever equivalent qualification you have done), and even then i dont believe the predicted grades account for much unless they’re significantly below the universities standard offer or youre applying to oxbridge, so you should be perfectly fine. Good luck with your a levels and applications.

Oh thank you!! You just breathed life back to me! I was panicking... On another note, does Oxbridge accept applications after 15th Oct? or is Oct 15 just ED/EA?
Reply 4
Oh thank you!! You just breathed life back to me! I was panicking... On another note, does Oxbridge accept applications after 15th Oct? or is Oct 15 just ED/EA?

October 15th is a hard deadline for all* Oxbridge applicants.

The UK doesn't have ED/EA.

*Except some mature (aged 21+) applicants at Cambridge.
Reply 5
Original post by Doones
No, you only have to declare externally examined (or assessed) results.

I asked my school counceller and this is what she said:
UP.PNG
Please give me your thoughts on this...Do universities outside UK care about mid-terms?
Reply 6
I asked my school counceller and this is what she said:
UP.PNG
Please give me your thoughts on this...Do universities outside UK care about mid-terms?

Your counsellor is welcome to put them into their reference, but you only formally declare actual external exams.
Reply 7
Original post by Doones
Your counsellor is welcome to put them into their reference, but you only formally declare actual external exams.

Is it possible to request her to not put the internals in the reference, or is it up to her to decide?
Reply 8
Is it possible to request her to not put the internals in the reference, or is it up to her to decide?

it's up to her... but yes you can always ask.

tell her UK universities don't require it.

and UK universities *do* require her to provide predicted grades (and you need to list the subjects and say the grade is pending on your UCAS).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending