The Student Room Group

Aquring about pharmacy and the foundation programme at Aston university

Hiya, I'm kind of in a difficult situtation right now and dont know which path to take as the last thing I want is to regret it. So I have an offer for A foundation programme in Biosciences and pharmacy at Aston University which is for a duration of 1 year so that I can go onto doing an MPharm pharmacy undergraduate degree. However, to be able to get onto pharmacy from that foundation programe I need to get at least 60% which terrifies me due to this pandemic I will be learning and completing my work virtually from home which makes me believe I wont achive that 60% as I believe it would be a lot harder to achive at home without the support of the lectures. Because of that I have emailed the univeristy and asked if they can defer me to MPharm pharmacy in 2021 entry due to spaces being full this year and they have responded to me saying that they will can give me a case study which I have to agree or disagree on and after that will organise me a telephone interview which they will try and argue against what i stated and I need to try and back up my points. However, if i go ahead and agree with having an interview then they will release me from my place on the foundation programme. My only worry is if I do not pass the interview then I wont be deferred to 2021 entry to do MPharm Pharmacy and I would have also lost my place on the foundation programme there which would mean I would end up with nothing! I know its a big risk. So I really do not know what to do!

Questions:
Do I go ahead with accepting the offer for the interview, revise for it and hope I pass it? Is it worth the risk?

Do I just stay on the foundation programme work hard and hope I get 60% because if Iget less I will not be able to get onto pharmacy?

Is it difficult to pass a pharmacy interview? Im wondering as my friend passed a telephone interview which alongside it was a case study she had to complete. However, a girl my friend knows did not pass the telephone interview which therefore has made me think twice about it!

Is there anyone that has completed a foundation programme in Biosciences and pharmacy at aston univeristy?

Is it difficult to get 60% on the foundation programme of biosciences and pharmacy?

Thank you.
hi,im telling you i know that aston requirements is high if you can achieve it then that's amazing but if not then i recommend you to see others unis as well.

wish you all the best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending