The Student Room Group

i need help rn, i want to do pharmacy but idk if i can

i currently study chem, bio a levels and btec health and social care, I also do an EPQ buttt I want to study pharmacy but I don't think I can because I need the three a levels and I do a btec which isn't applied science, I want to go to UoB university since I do a pathway programme which lowers the entry requirements by two grades, but is my btec converted into a letter grade I'm rlly lost, my predicted grades rn arents also the best
Reply 1
also im not just thinking of Uob I'm also thinking of going to aston and that's all I have In mind tbh not many unis provide pharmacy in west midlands idk why
Reply 2
Some uob courses usually takes into consideration btecs and they look at them as a equivalent to A levels in some cases, but that depends on if pharmacy at UOB even considers btecs, which I had a look they do but alongside 2 a levels which you are doing and the BTEC having to be science related. So they might just convert it from let's say D* to A* alongside the lowered entry req. Health and social care should be science related ig.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by akazaz
Some uob courses usually takes into consideration btecs and they look at them as a equivalent to A levels in some cases, but that depends on if pharmacy at UOB even considers btecs, which I had a look they do but alongside 2 a levels which you are doing and the BTEC having to be science related. So they might just convert it from let's say D* to A* alongside the lowered entry req. Health and social care should be science related ig.

Thank you, yes I was thinking that too because in health and social care, we learn a lot about patient contact and the basics of science-related health so I think they should take that into consideration.
Reply 4
Based on what you said, you should be finee. Aston I think are the same but their entry requirements are slightly lower.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending