jinsan_19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i am going to work in a hospital for volunteering. in my personal statement could i talk about what i hope to achieve in it since i probably will start after the medicine personal statement deadline?
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes u can talk about the work experience that u will be doing etc, u could ask the hospital exactly the type of work you would be doing so it could be more in depth. Talk to your form tutor or do u have a careers advisor or someone who helps with your UCAS at school maybe have a meeting with them about it to be sure.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jinsan_19)
i am going to work in a hospital for volunteering. in my personal statement could i talk about what i hope to achieve in it since i probably will start after the medicine personal statement deadline?
Applying for medicine, they will know a number of people have not had the chance to do traditional work experience this year. Check out the main medicine forum for support on experiences you can still access Don't spend too long on things you haven't done yet
jinsan_19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
for personal statement, i want to talk about a particular area of medicine im interested in however i dont really know the modules within medicine. ive gone on the website but its doesnt make sense to me lol.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by jinsan_19)
for personal statement, i want to talk about a particular area of medicine im interested in however i dont really know the modules within medicine. ive gone on the website but its doesnt make sense to me lol.
You don't need to talk about modules.

Every single medical school has different curriculum and they call their modules by different names - so unless you are only applying to one medical school, then it would be silly to talk about the "You are what you eat" module that HYMS call their gastroenterology / dietitics / metabolism module, while in Warwick, they call it "Health, Metabolism and Homeostasis"; for example.

Make sure you know it for interviews though, because then you'd be expected to have thoroughly researched that particular medical school.

If you must talk about a particular area of interest, just say it e.g. "I like gastroenterology", rather than the specific module name for that one medical school.
Last edited by ecolier; 5 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (29)
27.88%
Less motivated (75)
72.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed