The Student Room Group

Primary Education Personal Statement

I have struggled to write a personal statement, and when going online or on tiktok, most personal statement examples are subject to degrees in the medical field, finance or law. Because of this I can’t find many relating to primary education. A bit of advice?
Original post by manzila.38s
I have struggled to write a personal statement, and when going online or on tiktok, most personal statement examples are subject to degrees in the medical field, finance or law. Because of this I can’t find many relating to primary education. A bit of advice?

I'm writing mine now for primary education, I agree literally every video is for applying for medics. Overall, I'm expressing my passion for the course and displaying work experience and how this taught me skills that link to the course. I'm not overly sure what academic achievement to include other than my epq which is education related
Reply 2
Original post by nancyjenkiins
I'm writing mine now for primary education, I agree literally every video is for applying for medics. Overall, I'm expressing my passion for the course and displaying work experience and how this taught me skills that link to the course. I'm not overly sure what academic achievement to include other than my epq which is education related

Your A levels/ BTECs can also count towards academic achievement (even if they’re ongoing) focus on what you learn and how it will benefit you as a uni student/ teacher
For example, Sociology A level would give you an introduction into education and barriers to it, policy etc, and help you understand different upbringings and backgrounds.
Reply 3
All of my A Levels are financial based, over the course of Year 12 I decided that going into finance wasn’t what I wanted to do, so I don’t really see how Business, Maths or Economics would really help me for my personal statement😖
All of my A Levels are financial based, over the course of Year 12 I decided that going into finance wasn’t what I wanted to do, so I don’t really see how Business, Maths or Economics would really help me for my personal statement😖

Have a look through these. Even if your A-levels were relevant it's not worth mentioning them as it's not telling admissions tutors anything they didn't already know.
https://www.studential.com/personal-statement-examples/education-personal-statement-examples
Reply 5

think about the more like soft skills i don’t study any of them but id imagine that they’ll relate to at least one aspect of uni life.
for example, if for business you create a product that might teach you the benefits of planning, design and art skills (thinking creatively) and evaluating your work , or for maths you might need to work in a team to solve equations, so you’d learn interpersonal skills
Reply 6
Original post by charves14
think about the more like soft skills i don’t study any of them but id imagine that they’ll relate to at least one aspect of uni life.
for example, if for business you create a product that might teach you the benefits of planning, design and art skills (thinking creatively) and evaluating your work , or for maths you might need to work in a team to solve equations, so you’d learn interpersonal skills

Thank you SO MUCH I’m adding to my personal statement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending