The Student Room Group

Advice needed - Maths

I want to do a maths degree once I have finished medical school (going into my 3rd year).
I love medical school, but heck I do miss doing maths.

I got an A in maths a level (Mei OCR). It’s a strange exam board because you have to do comprehension papers and coursework. I don’t think I am naturally gifted in maths (I did work hard to get that A grade) but I do enjoy it a lot.

The problem is that I have forgotten a lot about maths and unis most definitely won’t accept my A levels because it has been 2 years from my a levels now and another couple of years since I’m currently in medical school.

I am not saying that I will definitely do maths after medical school but it’s a thought that has crossed my mind.

What do you guys think about my situation - what should I do?
Original post by Nobodyy
I want to do a maths degree once I have finished medical school (going into my 3rd year).
I love medical school, but heck I do miss doing maths.

I got an A in maths a level (Mei OCR). It’s a strange exam board because you have to do comprehension papers and coursework. I don’t think I am naturally gifted in maths (I did work hard to get that A grade) but I do enjoy it a lot.

The problem is that I have forgotten a lot about maths and unis most definitely won’t accept my A levels because it has been 2 years from my a levels now and another couple of years since I’m currently in medical school.

I am not saying that I will definitely do maths after medical school but it’s a thought that has crossed my mind.

What do you guys think about my situation - what should I do?

Just do a bit of maths in your spare time? When you qualify as a doctor are you really going to want to do a maths degree?
If you get back up to speed with the A level work then you can find plenty of appropriate resources that will allow you to take it further without taking another degree.

Quick Reply

Latest