The Student Room Group

"The cowardly silence on Julian Assange's trial by the establishment media"

" If you have spent 4 years screaming about Trump and that he is ruining our democracy and is a traitor but you're not screaming about what's happening to Julian Assange.....you are the traitor"

Jimmy Dore

https://youtu.be/kWe2wEKHEfs
Reply 2
I really dont get the support for this man, granted the Americans have got a serious hard on for persecuting him but that completely ignores the fact he was accused of rape and fled the country which is what set it all off.. What about justice for the accusers?

All but one of the Google returns in your link are about the Trump pardon offer. It's like the only way Assange can get any coverage in a new story is if Trump's in it as well. Everyone knows that Trump stories sell.

Honourable shout-out to Democracy Now! for constituting the sole exception to the rule. But I have to admit I've never heard of that publication/website, and this clearly spells the exception that proves the conclusion that the MSM have indeed maintained a de facto blackout on the Assange case (there's far more on the Dunn/Sacoolas story).

By the way this blackout has been a repeated complaint on Russia Today, so in this context, for the UK MSM to diss RT as just a Kremlin propaganda mouthpiece comes as a bit rich.
Original post by Justvisited
All but one of the Google returns in your link are about the Trump pardon offer. It's like the only way Assange can get any coverage in a new story is if Trump's in it as well. Everyone knows that Trump stories sell.

Honourable shout-out to Democracy Now! for constituting the sole exception to the rule. But I have to admit I've never heard of that publication/website, and this clearly spells the exception that proves the conclusion that the MSM have indeed maintained a de facto blackout on the Assange case (there's far more on the Dunn/Sacoolas story).

By the way this blackout has been a repeated complaint on Russia Today, so in this context, for the UK MSM to diss RT as just a Kremlin propaganda mouthpiece comes as a bit rich.

The media were reporting the claims in court of Assange's lawyer on Friday. If you care to look, you'll quickly realise the Assange case has been covered extensively for multiple different angles over the last couple of weeks.

Are you capable of using the wonderful tool that is the internet to locate such stories, or would like a responsible adult to help you?

Look, I get the anti-MSM mantra is popular among edgy kids, but if you lack the basic fact checking skills of confirm your claim that there is a blackout, someone else is simply going to point out that the evidence contradicts your false claim.

I sincerely hope you are not considering a career in law.
Original post by Kitten in boots
The media were reporting the claims in court of Assange's lawyer on Friday. If you care to look, you'll quickly realise the Assange case has been covered extensively for multiple different angles over the last couple of weeks.

Are you capable of using the wonderful tool that is the internet to locate such stories, or would like a responsible adult to help you?

Look, I get the anti-MSM mantra is popular among edgy kids, but if you lack the basic fact checking skills of confirm your claim that there is a blackout, someone else is simply going to point out that the evidence contradicts your false claim.

Well put.
Original post by Kitten in boots

I read the Guardian home page every day, have done for months and months, and during all that time stories featuring Assange have been virtually nonexistent.

Yes, of course the pandemic has been the dominant theme in recent months, but plenty of other stories have been covered. Assange just hasn't. Ditto in the DM, and I think that those two outlets between them constitute a good part of the spectrum of the UK's MSM.

So, I stand by my claim, and submit that your claim that it's false, is itself false.

Meanwhile, I laugh at your ignorant jibe of "responsible adult" and description of me as an "edgy kid" when you actually know nothing about me. I'm probably quite a bit older than you. Touché.

I've admonished you before on the sneery ad hominem tone of your posts, and you've just given me fresh red meat to do it again.
Original post by Calibrated.
Well put.

Think again.

That is the latest news as in what has happened recently, there are pages of news reports going back years but you weren't capable of clicking the next page button.

Don't bother with silly conspiracy theories when they are so easily disproven it is laughable.
Original post by DiddyDec
That is the latest news as in what has happened recently, there are pages of news reports going back years but you weren't capable of clicking the next page button.

Don't bother with silly conspiracy theories when they are so easily disproven it is laughable.

If you have to go back "years" to find them that fatally dilutes the claim that Assange has had plenty of recent coverage. Why should we do your trawling for you?

What conspiracy theory?
If you have to go back "years" to find them that fatally dilutes the claim that Assange has had plenty of recent coverage. Why should we do your trawling for you?

What conspiracy theory?

There is years worth of coverage because it has been going on for years, it isn't that hard to understand.
I read the Guardian home page every day, have done for months and months, and during all that time stories featuring Assange have been virtually nonexistent.

Stop lying.

I'm a Guardian regular and whilst I haven't exactly been keeping a statistical check, my impression is there's been quite a bit of coverage of the Assange trial on that site - I've also seen it in other media. It's not blanket coverage but it has been there.

The main bit I noticed recently was the Russia/Trump offer. I think it's reasonable that the media have paid a lot of attention to that.
Nothing can be done via America's side.

Assange leaked things that harmed Bush, which the media and Democrats loved.

He then leaked what harmed Clinton, and for that he was dubbed a Russian agent and must be punished if not killed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending