The Student Room Group

Lae stratford 2021 applicants

Scroll to see replies

To be honest I think LAE should hurry up with the emails - even if it’s a rejection you lot deserve to know
Original post by shres003
its Friday and ive been constantly checking my emails, gosh im impatient

Same I hate waiting 😭
Original post by KH4N_05
Same here, I want to do computer science as well. But I've done research and stuff and literally basically all university's don't specifically require Computer Science at A level to study any computer related courses. Most of them ask for either maths, further maths or computer science (only one of them is needed, for top universities prob further maths is the most important). And also computer science I heard is extremely hard at A level (although that was the same for GCSE but its not too hard really, I'm predicted a 9 for it now), so for me i chose economics in place of computer science at LAE and yeah if we are going to do 4 A levels, having like a relatively easier A level like economics may help you handle 4 a levels better.

yeah thats true, which is why am deciding where to go, based on my a levels. I chose cs just to get a taste of it as i didn't do it at gcse, cause I'm thinking about a cs related degree to. Although I'm quite worried its not how i thought it be and i wldve wasted an a level as well the sixth form i wanted to go too

same omdz idk I have a feeling im getting rejected loooool
Original post by s.d1041
same omdz idk I have a feeling im getting rejected loooool

Same aha
Original post by kitkat20000
Same aha

lol same has anyone got an email yet? I'm still waiting I really wish they could hurry up with it now. Do they still email you if you get rejected?
Original post by zara123x
lol same has anyone got an email yet? I'm still waiting I really wish they could hurry up with it now. Do they still email you if you get rejected?

And is today the last day they're sending emails? or are they continuing over the weekend or even next week? does anyone know?
Original post by arraychemical12
yeah thats true, which is why am deciding where to go, based on my a levels. I chose cs just to get a taste of it as i didn't do it at gcse, cause I'm thinking about a cs related degree to. Although I'm quite worried its not how i thought it be and i wldve wasted an a level as well the sixth form i wanted to go too

I chose computer science as part of my GCSEs. It's quite fun and an interesting subject, also my teacher is quite good in the way he makes us do notes and stuff so that we are well prepared for the exam (although it's cancelled for now). Idk about you but my school's sixth form requires you to take computer science previously in order to take it at A level, but I think other sixth forms don't require cs at GCSE. but yh anyways by not doing CS at A level you won't lose any opportunity in doing any computing courses later on, just need to ensure you do good in Maths or Further maths.

1pm rn and still no sign of contact :frown:
Original post by KH4N_05

same :frown:
Original post by zara123x
same :frown:

Lool I love how we’re all just waiting at this point 😭 I really want to get in though
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 191
Original post by KH4N_05

The previous batch of people got contacted around 6 in the evening
Original post by GTT21
The previous batch of people got contacted around 6 in the evening

That just gave me so much hope. I hope we all get in good luck guys :smile:
Original post by KH4N_05
I chose computer science as part of my GCSEs. It's quite fun and an interesting subject, also my teacher is quite good in the way he makes us do notes and stuff so that we are well prepared for the exam (although it's cancelled for now). Idk about you but my school's sixth form requires you to take computer science previously in order to take it at A level, but I think other sixth forms don't require cs at GCSE. but yh anyways by not doing CS at A level you won't lose any opportunity in doing any computing courses later on, just need to ensure you do good in Maths or Further maths.

the sixth form i wanted to go requires cs at a level, so i just replaced it with politics (I took maths, psychology and economics as well) and so far I'm really interested in doing cs for a level. However I feel when it comes to degree wise, bad habits may be picked up and I could get tired of it, but nothings set in stone i guess :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
check your emails everyone i think they’ve sent another batch
Original post by Victoria-Artemis

yupp, i just got an email saying i got remote guidance meeting
Guys!!! Check your mails i got a guidance meeting
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Victoria-Artemis

yep me too, it seems like a lot of people got them, so I'm wondering how they're going to decide who to give offers too seeing as these interviews aren't assessed
Reply 198
i received a guidance meeting email idk what that means but anyways
oop it seems everyones getting one....i haven't yet, did anyone else not receive an email yet???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending