The Student Room Group

Chevening scholarship

One of the conditions of the scholarsip is to return to your home country and remain resident for at least 2 years. But what happens if after the end of my course, i get a job opportunity or internship opportunity in the UK or any other country rather than your home country? Can i accpet any offer? of course coming back home to get a work visa. Is that condition flexible or is it 200% mandatory?
Original post by ale2903
One of the conditions of the scholarsip is to return to your home country and remain resident for at least 2 years. But what happens if after the end of my course, i get a job opportunity or internship opportunity in the UK or any other country rather than your home country? Can i accpet any offer? of course coming back home to get a work visa. Is that condition flexible or is it 200% mandatory?

It says you have to go home for 2 years following completion of studies. It would be contrary to the objectives of the scholarship if you didnt return home to benefit your home country. Looks mandatory to me as its a condition.

Reading further, then unless you go home it is a direct breach of the scholarship and they will ask for the money back.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest