The Student Room Group

External Scholarships

Are there any external fully funded scholarships offered by the UK for international students?. I've been looking into universities and they offer discounts but not entire fully funded. And as a student from a third world country who strives to learn at better and world wide recognized institutions, it's kinda heart breaking that the chain of misery doesn't break. The UK has great institutions but the fees is sky-rocketing.
Original post by _raniacanviolate
Are there any external fully funded scholarships offered by the UK for international students?. I've been looking into universities and they offer discounts but not entire fully funded. And as a student from a third world country who strives to learn at better and world wide recognized institutions, it's kinda heart breaking that the chain of misery doesn't break. The UK has great institutions but the fees is sky-rocketing.

i only know of the Common wealth & chevening scholarship. they’re both fully funded but something to note is that you are required to go back home after the completion of your course, at least for 2 years. there are probably a few more but you just need to do extensive research, don’t give up
Original post by Lonemaruatona

i only know of the Common wealth & chevening scholarship. they’re both fully funded but something to note is that you are required to go back home after the completion of your course, at least for 2 years. there are probably a few more but you just need to do extensive research, don’t give up

Thank you so much 😭 I will look into this
Yes - i agree. Commonwealth and Chevening are the most common. Some universities have their own
@username6720850,

Hope you're well.

Some universities do offer international scholarships, you can find out by doing a bit of research on the institutions.

As a Kingston University student, I know an international scholarship programme is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students.

The scholarships are worth £5,000 towards the tuition of the first year of study only.

Applications open: March 2024

Applications close: 30 April 2024

You can find more information about the international scholarship by clicking this link https://www.kingston.ac.uk/international/funding-and-fees/scholarships/international-scholarships/

Good luck with your studies!

From
~May
Kingston University Postgraduate Student Representative
Original post by username6720850
Hi @username6720850,

I hope you are doing well.

Some universities offer scholarships for international students.

I would recommend contacting our International team via telephone on 0208 223 3040, to find out more information.

Did you know that UEL holds Open Events for prospective students. This would be a great opportunity for you to speak to current students, Academics and also have a campus tour. It can be booked online using the following link:
Undergraduate Open Days | University of East London (uel.ac.uk)

You can also speak to Student Ambassadors studying your course. They can be reached using the following website:
Chat to our students | University of East London (uel.ac.uk)

-Anisha
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending