The Student Room Group

Access to HE Business

Im changing courses from art and design to business, and i have the opportunity to either do a Level 3 Business 2 year course or a 6 month Access to HE business course starting in Jan. I wanna go university to do accounting.

An access to he course would seem so much more efficient and means i could go to uni next year. Its very intensive though while the level 3 isnt as intensive.

Could anyone offer any advice on which one would be better? Is access to HE business super hard as i always hear that it is?
I have done an Access course in Science, and I wouldn't say it's particularly hard, just a lot of deadlines.

Having said, that I have also done an accounting degree and it's probably harder than the Access course.

I am not entirely sure what type of Level 3 qualification it is they are recommending you, but Access is only accepted by English universities (as far as I know) and it has a shelf life of roughly 2 years when it comes to uni application. If the Level 3 qualification is one of the recognised qualifications that universities would accept as well as by employers, then I'd do the Level 3 qualification over Access. However, if you're intent on going into uni next year, and you are able to catch up with the workload, then Access should be OK.

Also bear in mind that Access qualifications won't be as highly regarded as other traditional Level 3 qualifications e.g. A Levels and IB. If you're applying to a competitive course and uni, Access probably won't give you as much appeal as the Level 3 qualification, depending on what it is.
Reply 2
thank you thats really helpful, Im leaning more towards the access as it would save me a lot of time and if i was going to do level 3 business i would have to join now and its already started so i would be about 2 months late.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending