The Student Room Group

Access to He - Russel group

I’m currently doing an Access course to HE via learn direct i’m hoping to get a contextual offer to KCL / UCL they’re my dream universities but I feel like i’m delusional.
I have 3 GCSES - B english language, c science core and c in english language i flopped maths and it’s a really tough subject for me i’m going to get a tutor so i can really aim to get a c / b in maths but honestly it’s gonna take hard work.
I’m getting a tutor for my access course in psychology and i’m hoping to smash it.
I come from low income family & area do you think I could get into KCL / UCL if i get DDM/ Contextualised grade if lowered.
I just don’t want to set myself my up but doing this would mean everything as it’s been really hard for me I want to prove myself wrong.
What do you think I should do ?
I don’t even know what I want to study.
I was interested in American studies but i was told that’s a rubbish degree to get so maybe business management, philosophy or politics ?
Original post by VeronicaSims77
I’m currently doing an Access course to HE via learn direct i’m hoping to get a contextual offer to KCL / UCL they’re my dream universities but I feel like i’m delusional.
I have 3 GCSES - B english language, c science core and c in english language i flopped maths and it’s a really tough subject for me i’m going to get a tutor so i can really aim to get a c / b in maths but honestly it’s gonna take hard work.
I’m getting a tutor for my access course in psychology and i’m hoping to smash it.
I come from low income family & area do you think I could get into KCL / UCL if i get DDM/ Contextualised grade if lowered.
I just don’t want to set myself my up but doing this would mean everything as it’s been really hard for me I want to prove myself wrong.
What do you think I should do ?
I don’t even know what I want to study.
I was interested in American studies but i was told that’s a rubbish degree to get so maybe business management, philosophy or politics ?

KCL do accept Access if you get 36 Distinction credits and 9 at Merit. Access courses are not Graded as DDM. https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/philosophy-ba

Quick Reply

Latest