The Student Room Group

Access HE Diploma

Does anyone know any good HE Diploma colleges for Level 3 Business?
Most people study Access diplomas with their local FE college because they're designed for mature people to study alongside work.

What are you looking for from your course and where about in the country are you?
I just want to be able to leave with 3 a Levels and im based in london
Original post by zineb.elkettani
I just want to be able to leave with 3 a Levels and im based in london

If you want 3 A levels then that's not an Access to HE Diploma

Have you spoken to your local FE colleges? London FE provision is generally very good
Original post by PQ
If you want 3 A levels then that's not an Access to HE Diploma

Have you spoken to your local FE colleges? London FE provision is generally very good

Oh, are you sure? Ive done my research and its equivalent to 3 A levels and the majority of Unis accept it
Reply 5
Access to HE is equivalent to 3 a levels, it’s very intense as it’s crammed into one year. I’m studying the combined science access course at Canterbury College and so far have found it really good. You will need to look at the university entry requirements for the university you wish to go to as not all accept it. And most require specific amounts of distinctions and merits on entry.
Original post by KazStudies
Access to HE is equivalent to 3 a levels, it’s very intense as it’s crammed into one year. I’m studying the combined science access course at Canterbury College and so far have found it really good. You will need to look at the university entry requirements for the university you wish to go to as not all accept it. And most require specific amounts of distinctions and merits on entry.

hey, thanks for your reply! Yeah so far i know that Surrey accepts it but only QAA recognized courses...so trying to find colleges for that:smile:
Oh, are you sure? Ive done my research and its equivalent to 3 A levels and the majority of Unis accept it

It's equivalent but not the same as 3 A levels.

Are you a mature student?
oh yes i must've misread what u said. I will be a mature student this year.
oh yes i must've misread what u said. I will be a mature student this year.

What do you understand mature student to mean?
How long have you been out of education and what is your highest qualification so far?

Are you hoping to study business at university?
I will be turning 19 this year. and i haven't been out of education, im finishing up my apprenticeship. Yes im hoping to study business at uni

Quick Reply

Latest