The Student Room Group

Need advice from Work Coach Applicants

Hi,
I'm new here, Hope you don't mind me asking about Work Coach jobs app process? It's seems a lot of people have applied so i guess it makes sense to ask here.

I'm interested in applying, I've been working as a cover teacher in secondary high school, but had enough.

So from what i gather there are 3 stages? Are you supervised or can you just write it all in your own time? Can you prepare your own answers in advance?
Stage 1
Write 500 words demonstrating communicating and influencing (level 2)

Stage 2
Situational Judgement Test (submit by deadline??)
How long is the deadline? 20mins or 24hours?
Is there a way to practice these?

Stage 3
If you pass Stage 2 then you get a chance to record a video interview...again I guess you can prepare in advance? or will somebody be there to witness?

Thanks very much, my main concern is how to practice SJT's. Any advice appreciated. Are the questions the same? Should i just keep notes in front of me as I complete online?
Thank you.
Brigante
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Pacinobrigante
Hi,
I'm new here, Hope you don't mind me asking about Work Coach jobs app process? It's seems a lot of people have applied so i guess it makes sense to ask here.

I'm interested in applying, I've been working as a cover teacher in secondary high school, but had enough.

So from what i gather there are 3 stages? Are you supervised or can you just write it all in your own time? Can you prepare your own answers in advance?
Stage 1
Write 500 words demonstrating communicating and influencing (level 2)

Stage 2
Situational Judgement Test (submit by deadline??)
How long is the deadline? 20mins or 24hours?
Is there a way to practice these?

Stage 3
If you pass Stage 2 then you get a chance to record a video interview...again I guess you can prepare in advance? or will somebody be there to witness?

Thanks very much, my main concern is how to practice SJT's. Any advice appreciated. Are the questions the same? Should i just keep notes in front of me as I complete online?
Thank you.
Brigante

Hello, I have applied for this role. You are right there are 3 stages.

Stage 1 - fill in the application and add 500 words against Communicating & Influencing (L2) behavior this is not timed. Once this is done you will be invited to complete a Situational Judgement test (SJT) this is TIMED at 40 mins to complete the test. The test will have a closing date to complete as well which, I believe is the date after the job actually closes (i'm not sure). You need to pass the SJT to go further, when you pass the test, your 500 words on the behavior are reviewed and if successful you go to Stage 3. (google practice SJT to try some test scenrios)

Stage 3 - is a pre-recorded Interview where you are asked 2 questions against 3 behaviors,( so 6 questions in total) you will been asked the question and given 1 minute to think of your answer and 3 minutes to record your answer. This is timed also.

For stage 3 - look at 'Success profiles' that the job centre use

I hope this makes sense :smile:
This is great thank you, I appreciate your time to help us out. I forgot to ask was how long is the application process? Is it all done in one day or 2 or 3??Say the jobs get released fri, can you do the whole thing in one day? Also is the SJT questions based in a work coach job centre environment?Many thanks,😊
Original post by Pacinobrigante
This is great thank you, I appreciate your time to help us out. I forgot to ask was how long is the application process? Is it all done in one day or 2 or 3??Say the jobs get released fri, can you do the whole thing in one day? Also is the SJT questions based in a work coach job centre environment?Many thanks,😊

I will inbox you as its quite long winded
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending