The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach – November Campaign

Hi all,

I got as far as the interview stage on the (late) September campaign and after analysing my interview feedback, I plan to reapply w/c 9th November when the next lot of vacancies are announced, providing my area (South East) still has some!

Is anyone else planning a second attempt?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Sastoo
Hi all,

I got as far as the interview stage on the (late) September campaign and after analysing my interview feedback, I plan to reapply w/c 9th November when the next lot of vacancies are announced, providing my area (South East) still has some!

Is anyone else planning a second attempt?

I’m planning a second attempt too! Got to the same stage. How did you access your interview & test feedback?
Reply 2
Is there another campaign due in November? I applied for the September batch but got told to take the interview in the worst possible 3 day window and had to go without doing it.
Reply 3
Original post by Jako23
Is there another campaign due in November? I applied for the September batch but got told to take the interview in the worst possible 3 day window and had to go without doing it.

Yes they’re due to be released 9th November if I’m not mistaken
Reply 4
Original post by Niiik
I’m planning a second attempt too! Got to the same stage. How did you access your interview & test feedback?

Ah that's good to hear, which area?

If you log into the DWP portal you can 'review communications'. If you take a look in there, you should find the last contact from the recruitment team 'application update'. There isn't a score as such, just feedback for each of your 6 answers.
Reply 5
Original post by Sastoo

If you log into the DWP portal you can 'review communications'. If you take a look in there, you should find the last contact from the recruitment team 'application update'. There isn't a score as such, just feedback for each of your 6 answers.

Thank you! I’ll have a look now.

And I’m not sure about the areas but the website just says this D6BAB271-4EC6-4B23-AAB9-99820D144DD0.jpeg. My coach said they’d be releasing more towards the end of the year so I’m hoping it’s these.
Original post by Sastoo

Yes got the feed back in fairness I could see my shortfalls.
But I need feed back on the 500word write up so I can improve or change it.

Any ideas because i think after the SJT you get the interview, in other words that has not been assessed ?
Reply 7
Original post by Rosemary25
Yes got the feed back in fairness I could see my shortfalls.
But I need feed back on the 500word write up so I can improve or change it.

Any ideas because i think after the SJT you get the interview, in other words that has not been assessed ?

I’m pretty sure that once you’ve passed the SJT, your 500 word submission is then assessed, even though it was completed first. Then you are invited to interview if that was deemed ok?

However, this has all been going on a while now & I’ve seen different variations of the same process so I could be wrong, depending on your area?

I’ve noticed that vacancies have been advertised for Scotland and parts of London this week, none in my area so far (Bucks) unfortunately!
Same here. But did you get feed back on the 500 word write up?
Reply 9
Same here. But did you get feed back on the 500 word write up?

No, because my understanding is that if you made it to the interview stage, your 500 words was deemed good enough & therefore no feedback was necessary.

What area did you apply for?
Original post by Sastoo
No, because my understanding is that if you made it to the interview stage, your 500 words was deemed good enough & therefore no feedback was necessary.

What area did you apply for?

Thanks so I'll simply reuse
Reply 11
Thanks so I'll simply reuse

That’s what I was planning to do, however I may just double check the process on these forums to be sure! That’s if any vacancies actually come up in my area 🤞
I applied last week for the November campaign in East London. My page says 'Thanks for completing your SJT. Your application will now be reviewed by the team', does this mean I passed the SJT?
Original post by Sastoo
That’s what I was planning to do, however I may just double check the process on these forums to be sure! That’s if any vacancies actually come up in my area 🤞

Original post by SkanPad
I applied last week for the November campaign in East London. My page says 'Thanks for completing your SJT. Your application will now be reviewed by the team', does this mean I passed the SJT?

There is no pass as such it's percentile
Original post by Sastoo
That’s what I was planning to do, however I may just double check the process on these forums to be sure! That’s if any vacancies actually come up in my area

Some fine tunning use more I and feell more on the C& infleunce aspect.

You can also use that for the interview if you get that far . GL.
There is no pass as such it's percentile

Either way, you need to be within a certain percentile to make it through to next round, ergo, it is pass/fail. Like most of life, haha.
Does anyone know when more areas will be added? Currently there is positions available only in East London, Scotland.
Reply 17
Pretty sure the microsite said it would be W/C 9th November, but I have only seen those two areas too. I have read somewhere that vacancies will continue to be posted throughout December
Reply 18
Did you all get an email after you finished your SJT My cousin got one saying that she had passed the SJT and her answers were now being sifted. This was soon after she completed her SJT. I completed my SJT 2 days ago but haven't received this email.
Original post by think1
Did you all get an email after you finished your SJT My cousin got one saying that she had passed the SJT and her answers were now being sifted. This was soon after she completed her SJT. I completed my SJT 2 days ago but haven't received this email.

Mine went straight to under review with no email, I don't know if this is different to what your cousin has received. What does her status say compared to yours?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending