The Student Room Group

DWP Executive Officer - Disability Services (506)

Hi,

I received a provisional offer of employment on July 10th. Following the submission of my onboarding information, my application is now pending completion of pre-employment checks.

Does anybody know how long this process can take?

Many thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jwalker93
Hi,

I received a provisional offer of employment on July 10th. Following the submission of my onboarding information, my application is now pending completion of pre-employment checks.

Does anybody know how long this process can take?

Many thanks

I have just started working with the DWP and it took 4 months for all of the checks to come back and to be given a start date!
Reply 2
Original post by jodie1982
I have just started working with the DWP and it took 4 months for all of the checks to come back and to be given a start date!

Thanks Jodie.

Where are you based? It's crazy that it can take that long to carry out these pre-employment checks. Surely they lose a lot of candidates because of the length of time this takes.
Reply 3
Thanks Jodie.

Where are you based? It's crazy that it can take that long to carry out these pre-employment checks. Surely they lose a lot of candidates because of the length of time this takes.

I am based in Nottingham - however it was a brand new team with a lot of candidates so this could be why it took so long.

Hope it isn't too long for you.
Reply 4
I am based in Nottingham - however it was a brand new team with a lot of candidates so this could be why it took so long.

Hope it isn't too long for you

Fingers crossed! They offered provisional employment exactly two weeks after my pre recorded interview which is quite fast compared to others that I've seen post on here. How are you finding the job?
Reply 5
Fingers crossed! They offered provisional employment exactly two weeks after my pre recorded interview which is quite fast compared to others that I've seen post on here. How are you finding the job?

Don't ask lol! Very tedious and repetitive!

I have applied for two work coach vacancies and I did the first pre recorded interview on Sunday It was horrific and there's no chance I will get it!

I have the other pre recorded interview to do before Thursday but I really don't want to do it after such a horrible experience the first time!

I want the work coach vacancy so much though 😪
Reply 6
Don't ask lol! Very tedious and repetitive!

I have applied for two work coach vacancies and I did the first pre recorded interview on Sunday It was horrific and there's no chance I will get it!

I have the other pre recorded interview to do before Thursday but I really don't want to do it after such a horrible experience the first time!

I want the work coach vacancy so much though 😪

What is the role you're doing now if you don't mind me asking? I thought the same when I did the pre recorded interview so was surprised when the provisional offer came through. I'm just crossing my fingers that I'm lucky and the checks don't take too long
Reply 7
Hello,

I hope you don’t mind me asking. I have received my results from campaign 505 which is also disability services in north east. I can see 506 is the same campaign in Telford.

I wanted to ask did you receive a your results and a provision officer straight away or were you added to the reserve list?

Thank you
Reply 8
Original post by Bth123
Hello,

I hope you don’t mind me asking. I have received my results from campaign 505 which is also disability services in north east. I can see 506 is the same campaign in Telford.

I wanted to ask did you receive a your results and a provision officer straight away or were you added to the reserve list?

Thank you

Hi,

I received two emails on the 10th July. Firstly to confirm that I'd passed the interview stage and then the provisional offer a little later on. This was exactly two weeks after I'd done the interview.
Reply 9
Hi,

I received two emails on the 10th July. Firstly to confirm that I'd passed the interview stage and then the provisional offer a little later on. This was exactly two weeks after I'd done the interview.

Congratulations, it took 4 weeks to get a response from the campaign. Do you mind me asking what your overall score was for the interview? I scored 28 so I have asked where I’m placed on the reserve list.
Reply 10
Original post by Bth123
Congratulations, it took 4 weeks to get a response from the campaign. Do you mind me asking what your overall score was for the interview? I scored 28 so I have asked where I’m placed on the reserve list.

Thank you. I scored 35 on the pre-recorded interview which was a shock as I thought it had gone terribly.
Reply 11
That’s excellent well done, it’s the highest score I’ve seen on here that being 31 prior to yours.
Thank you. I scored 35 on the pre-recorded interview which was a shock as I thought it had gone terribly.
Reply 12
Original post by Bth123
That’s excellent well done, it’s the highest score I’ve seen on here that being 31 prior to yours.

Thank you, I certainly wasn't expecting to score that well. I have seen quite a few people say they were only on the waiting list for a few weeks so hopefully you'll hear something soon.
Original post by Bth123

Hi,

Sorry to jump in, I'm just curious as I also applied for the North East region and I scored 31. Did the person mention whether they got given a provisional offer or were they placed on the reserve list? Thanks.
Reply 14
Original post by hedgehogkat
Hi,

Sorry to jump in, I'm just curious as I also applied for the North East region and I scored 31. Did the person mention whether they got given a provisional offer or were they placed on the reserve list? Thanks.

Hi, yes I was also north east and scored 28 and placed on the reserve list. I was trying to figure out have they placed everyone on the reverse list and make offers from there as I know people have mentioned that on here. Have you received an offer for north east or the reserve list?
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Bth123
Hi, yes I was also north east and scored 28 and placed on the reserve list. I was trying to figure out have they placed everyone on the reverse list and make offers from there as I know people have mentioned that on here. Have you received an offer for north east or the reserve list?

I am on the reserve list, but I sent an email over the day to ask which position I am on the list.
Reply 16
Original post by hedgehogkat
I am on the reserve list, but I sent an email over the day to ask which position I am on the list.

Hello, I have also done the same but haven’t heard back yet. Have you received any updates?
Hi I also applied for 505 but heard from a friend that the roles were pulled in the end due to wear view house not having the capacity to house the extra staff. I also heard a few top scorers got offered alternative roles.
I got 38 and was sent an offer without going on the waitlist. Not sure if 38 is a good score or not, first civil service job I’ve applied for. Has anyone else accepted an offer for Telford? 😊
Reply 19
Original post by Fruitystar76
I got 38 and was sent an offer without going on the waitlist. Not sure if 38 is a good score or not, first civil service job I’ve applied for. Has anyone else accepted an offer for Telford? 😊

Hi,

38 is a very good score. I accepted a provisional offer for Telford. My pre-employment checks started 10th July so just waiting for an update

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending