The Student Room Group

Job during A levels

I have a part-time while doing A levels, i only work on Sundays so it’s not a huge commitment. I was really considering quitting end of March to focus completely on exams. Did you stop working to focus on exams and how long before?
Original post by izzxm
I have a part-time while doing A levels, i only work on Sundays so it’s not a huge commitment. I was really considering quitting end of March to focus completely on exams. Did you stop working to focus on exams and how long before?

I have literally just applied for one and got an interview and I’m actually really worried how to proceed in the next year:frown: I think it’s best to quit at the time you said you would because we need all the time to revise that we can get especially with these lockdowns etc but at the same time if you’re confident about your study and the job hours aren’t for long it’s good to have that little something out of school where you can still stay productive and keep to a routine so you don’t get stressed. You can always talk to your manager and see:smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Lilllyyyy3
I have literally just applied for one and got an interview and I’m actually really worried how to proceed in the next year:frown: I think it’s best to quit at the time you said you would because we need all the time to revise that we can get especially with these lockdowns etc but at the same time if you’re confident about your study and the job hours aren’t for long it’s good to have that little something out of school where you can still stay productive and keep to a routine so you don’t get stressed. You can always talk to your manager and see:smile:

I had this same job during GCSEs and managed to balance that and exams but of course, A levels are a lot more difficult and important to i was thinking i would just give myself the best chance possible to do well - i’m hoping my manager won’t mind too much 😬. Also, good luck in your interview!
Original post by izzxm

No I kept working as I was only doing 4 hours on a Sunday. It was a good break for me from being surrounded by revision at home.
I worked one day per week during my second year of A-levels (albeit 12 hour days) and managed fine. I enjoyed it, it was a good release like DrawTheLine has mentioned. If you start to notice it affecting the amount of work you're doing at home, the it might be worth really weighing up whether the part-time work is a good idea. I would not worry too much though, as long as you keep on top of your work you will be fine. I know many people who worked more than me during their A-level studies and still passed.
Original post by izzxm

Hey @izzxm!

I worked a Saturday job during my GCSEs and A-levels!
I think I only took off around 6 weeks at exam time -around 3 weeks before they started and 3 weeks for the exams and then I was back at work again
If your job is flexible enough and you feel like you can study 6 days a week for your A-levels instead of 7 then I think you should be fine :smile:

But you can always reconsider closer to the time depending on how well you think you are getting on!

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending