The Student Room Group

CGP for IGSCE triple Science

Hi, would any one recommend using CGP solely for content, along with doing past paper questions in order to get grade 9s? Or will the textbook be more useful?
Reply 1
I personally don't believe cgp books are enough from my experience but it's different for everyone
Savemyexams is a REALLY good website for revision resources but you do have to pay £5 a month well worth the money though.
Past papers are literally a god send like honestly do every single one you can find they really help you achieve top marks
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by BBambiS
I personally don't believe cgp books are enough from my experience but it's different for everyone
Savemyexams is a REALLY good website for revision resources but you do have to pay £5 a month well worth the money though.
Past papers are literally a god send like honestly do every single one you can find they really help you achieve top marks

Thank you! So do you think I can just use the notes on there and do questions or should I make some of my own notes from textbooks as well? Also, with practice questions, do you do them mainly nearer the exams or as you go along?
Reply 3
It's up to you how you use revision resources but I personally just looked at their revision notes because they answer each point on the specification (make sure you print out the spec) and then made flashcards for active recall.

I think the earlier you start the better like if your six months away from your exam probably do like 1 a week but as you start getting closer increase the amount that you do. And the more times you do the papers the better doesn't even matter if you do the same one 3 times on rotation because it's likely you'll forget the answers
Original post by BBambiS
It's up to you how you use revision resources but I personally just looked at their revision notes because they answer each point on the specification (make sure you print out the spec) and then made flashcards for active recall.

I think the earlier you start the better like if your six months away from your exam probably do like 1 a week but as you start getting closer increase the amount that you do. And the more times you do the papers the better doesn't even matter if you do the same one 3 times on rotation because it's likely you'll forget the answers

I currently have 2 months left, do you have advice for revision with flashcards during this time, as in how I can use them most effectively?
Reply 5
Just keep going over them don't need to complicate it I use Anki saves loads of time as opposed to writing them out

And I would start doing quite a few past papers if you've only got two months left

Quick Reply

Latest