The Student Room Group

Grade Predictions (Yr10)

I got predicted lower than I would have thought on my grades as having 7s in English Lan and Lit, 7 in Media and 6s in Business, The 3 Sciences, Geography and maths. I am hoping to up them by 2/3 grades by the time I get into Y11, any advice?
Reply 1
Revise each subject 1-2 hours a week, going through 1 topic at a time
Use mark schemes to better understand what you have to do to pick up marks
Once you've revised a topic, do some practice questions to get a feel of how to answer questions in each topic
and when it gets closer to GCSEs, start doing practice papers.
Practice makes perfect, and if you put the work in, you'll get good results.
Best of luck
Original post by sammmmmmmmmmmmmy
I got predicted lower than I would have thought on my grades as having 7s in English Lan and Lit, 7 in Media and 6s in Business, The 3 Sciences, Geography and maths. I am hoping to up them by 2/3 grades by the time I get into Y11, any advice?

Are you sure these aren't your target grades? It's far to early to have predictions ,,,
Original post by Muttley79
Are you sure these aren't your target grades? It's far to early to have predictions ,,,

Yeah, or minimum expected grades?
what board you doing english for
my first grade in year 10 for english lit was a 4 and i got a 9 in the real thing, just learn what your exam board wants
for example, my exam board wanted tons of context about Of Mice and Men, so i just spammed 1930's america context in there

for the sciences, just do tons of past papers
biology is just about regurgitating the mark scheme
chemistry, you need to understand a bit of the maths, but again its just about regurgitating the mark scheme for written answers and memorising definitions
physics, just memorise all the equations and you'll do fine, the maths isnt actually hard
Original post by mintchocchip
Yeah, or minimum expected grades?

OK so why are you worried - these are not a ceiling on where you will end up. They are really a guide to the school to make sure you don't fall below this or your progress won't be good.
Reply 6
Original post by drogbaaaaa
what board you doing english for
my first grade in year 10 for english lit was a 4 and i got a 9 in the real thing, just learn what your exam board wants
for example, my exam board wanted tons of context about Of Mice and Men, so i just spammed 1930's america context in there

for the sciences, just do tons of past papers
biology is just about regurgitating the mark scheme
chemistry, you need to understand a bit of the maths, but again its just about regurgitating the mark scheme for written answers and memorising definitions
physics, just memorise all the equations and you'll do fine, the maths isnt actually hard

I completely agree, but you get all the equations for physics anyway. You need to learn how to apply them, and you need the occasional definition
Original post by jebjeb27
I completely agree, but you get all the equations for physics anyway. You need to learn how to apply them, and you need the occasional definition

yh if you get all the equations then its calm, but in my exam board they only gave certain equations
and yh you need to memorise all the definitions

Quick Reply

Latest