The Student Room Group

Unknown numbers calling me

Two years ago, I used to put my name and phone number down to these dodgy websites and survey pages that offered to give you a free iPhone or free cash but I was dumb back then. I still use the SIM card and all these weird new numbers call me at least once every two weeks which I find really annoying and I block the numbers but there's a new one calling the next time they call. Is it possible to block any number that you don't recognise? Or is there a way to stop this?
im not sure but i swear there like this thing in settings where you can block all unknown numbers that are not in your contacts
Original post by aminah_101
im not sure but i swear there like this thing in settings where you can block all unknown numbers that are not in your contacts

I'll check for that then thank u!
Original post by yourstruly101
Two years ago, I used to put my name and phone number down to these dodgy websites and survey pages that offered to give you a free iPhone or free cash but I was dumb back then. I still use the SIM card and all these weird new numbers call me at least once every two weeks which I find really annoying and I block the numbers but there's a new one calling the next time they call. Is it possible to block any number that you don't recognise? Or is there a way to stop this?

I'm afraid the short answer is no. As you say, you can block one number and it'll be another one the next time. Modern devices are getting better at recognising known spam callers and just automatically blocking it, but they're far from perfect. You've already done the damage by sharing the number.

About the only thing you can do at this point is request a new SIM. You'd have to update your phone number, tell all your friends, etc. and then be careful about giving it out. But there's basically no way to prevent calls to your current number.
Original post by yourstruly101
I'll check for that then thank u!

your welcome
Original post by username5383500
I'm afraid the short answer is no. As you say, you can block one number and it'll be another one the next time. Modern devices are getting better at recognising known spam callers and just automatically blocking it, but they're far from perfect. You've already done the damage by sharing the number.

About the only thing you can do at this point is request a new SIM. You'd have to update your phone number, tell all your friends, etc. and then be careful about giving it out. But there's basically no way to prevent calls to your current number.

thank you, I did find there was a way to block unknown callers in settings but I got a new sim anyways

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending