The Student Room Group

UCAS Extra not appearing

I did not hold any offer and now intending to apply for Extra. However the extra option does not appear on my hub, and it only say "Extra begins on unknown". I have told UCAS regarding this, and they say I should try clear caches, cookies, and browsing data, but it didn't work. I have the option to call them, but its costly. Anyone has the same problem or know how to solve this?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Try using a different browser - ie. Outlook instead of Edge etc.
Refresh the UCAS page once you are on the page.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Try using a different browser - ie. Outlook instead of Edge etc.
Refresh the UCAS page once you are on the page.

Tried with Edge and Bing, but it didnt work. thanks for the suggestion :smile:
Original post by ziqdif

Hey @ziqdif

If it's going to be expensive to call them, I'd recommend dropping them an email with a screenshot of what happens when you try to access extra (that error message saying 'Extra begins on unknown' you mentioned in your post), explaining that you've tried what they recommended and have tried different browsers - hopefully they'll have another option for you to try and access it! Give it a go on Chrome too if you've not tried that - I've found some websites seem to work best on that, but won't work on any other browsers!

Fingers crossed - I hope you manage to get it sorted!
All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep
Reply 4
The only other known issue is that as UCAS is hosted by a USA platform, some countries block it - I think there was a problem with accessing it in Russia for instance. Where are you living?
Reply 5
I live in Malaysia, and I've tried other search engines as well, but failed even in the incognito mode. It probably the system itself that is not working well.
Original post by ziqdif

Edge and bing are the same browser.

try with safari or firefox and if you can on a different device.

Just to check - what does your Hub status show when you log in (in the first tile in the circle)?
did you use all 5 choices?
Reply 7
Hi there, Ive tried on other search engine like Yandex and Yahoo to, but failed. My Hub states 'You've not received any offers from your choices. You are in Extra.
You may be able to add an Extra choice. Please check our website to find courses with vacancies. Extra begins on unknown.' I have indeed used all of my 5 choices and did not hold any offer right now.
Original post by ziqdif
Hi there, Ive tried on other search engine like Yandex and Yahoo to, but failed. My Hub states 'You've not received any offers from your choices. You are in Extra.
You may be able to add an Extra choice. Please check our website to find courses with vacancies. Extra begins on unknown.' I have indeed used all of my 5 choices and did not hold any offer right now.

Search engines aren’t different browsers. A different browser is an entirely different programme/application

could you try using a PC at your college? They might let you ring UCAS from the colleges too so you don’t pay for the call.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending