The Student Room Group

Ex still holds a grudge after 3 years

Me and my ex were together for about 13/14 months and then broke up in 2020. COVID had a part to play in us drifting apart but other things happened that I wasn’t happy with so I ended things. Since then I’ve not really come into close proximity to her or her family but they do support the same football team as me and I have seen them at a number of games over the years but only at a distance even though they do sit in the same area of the ground to me.

Anyway a few weeks ago I was queuing up at the bar at the stadium with my mate, we got our drinks and as I turned around my ex and her mum were about 3 people behind me and they were glaring at me so I just ignored them and walked off. Then later in the game I nipped to the toilet and as I was at the sink washing my hands her dad off all people ends up at the sink next to me and I can see him glaring at me out the corner of my eye and I didn’t take him on but as I walked off I heard him call me a pr**k under his breath.

Now I did try to put this out of my mind until this past weekend I went to the supermarket with my now girlfriend who I’ve been with for 2 years now and been living together for 1. I was looking for something on the shelves and unknown to me my ex and her mum came up the aisle and as they saw me they kept glaring at me again as they walked past. My girlfriend saw them but I didn’t.

If this type of stuff happens again in the future should I say something? Her and her family were always quite confrontational and liked conflict whereas I try to avoid it unless it has to be a last resort. We broke up 3 years ago, I’ve moved on but she clearly still has a grudge.
Reply 1
Well you hurt her so she is going to be giving you evils
Reply 2
Ignore them. They're looking for a reaction, so don't give them the satisfaction of doing that. You're the bigger person by just walking away.
Reply 3
Oh just ignore them. I have an ex from 2015 that still occasionally tries to **** stir in my life, you can't help or stop these people. Just blank them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending