The Student Room Group

I had the worst exam anxiety!

I had my mock exams today in A-Level Psychology and despite revising three days before the exam, I had severe exam panic that I wasn't able to translate my thoughts onto the page and all my answers were so fragmented, meaning I had to cross out and rewrite. I predict that I probably a D or worse. I have never had exam panic as big as this before!
Original post by Kevin-
I had my mock exams today in A-Level Psychology and despite revising three days before the exam, I had severe exam panic that I wasn't able to translate my thoughts onto the page and all my answers were so fragmented, meaning I had to cross out and rewrite. I predict that I probably a D or worse. I have never had exam panic as big as this before!

Hey @Kevin-!

Mocks are there for you to make mistakes and learn from them - take this as a learning experience
Maybe next time you need to start revising a little bit earlier
You could also try some rescue remedy to help you out on the day :smile:

The most important thing is not to stress about it - its done now and you can't change it so keep revising for other subjects/ working through your A-levels and you'll be fine by the real exams!

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
Original post by Kevin-

Hey @Kevin-

I get exam panic a lot of the time before going sitting an exam but I try to get plenty of sleep the night before. I also try and wake up early on the morning of the exam to go over my notes again so it's fresh in my memory. Make sure you take plenty of water into the exam room and have extra pens (there's nothing worse than a pen running out as that can add to the stress!). As @University of Portsmouth Student Rep says the mock is just a trial run for the main exam. I always worry after an exam if I feel it hasn't gone as well as I wanted it to go. Try not to overthink about it too much and concentrate on your next exam :smile:

Good luck!

Melissa- Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest