The Student Room Group

Dread going back to work

I've been on holiday for a week and I really dread going back to work.

I have had a lot of anxiety when I was away, it was so bad that I didn't go anywhere and I just stayed home.

I really love my job, but it's just the anxiety of people asking how was my holiday? did I do anything nice?

I'm still on probation and I'm nervous when I do return to work that senior management will tell me that I didn't pass.

I'm giving it my all, I'm listening to feedback and just trying to do better and improve

I really dread it.

I've went to therapy in the past, theres so much that they can do to help. I'll always have anxiety, I'll always be shy

any advice?
I am in a similar situation, but I am going to start a new job and currently in the process of leaving the current job. My anxiety is an all level high. The idea of meeting new people and worried I won't fit in. Worried it will be all too much for me handle a proper full time corporate job, as I've only done part time. Worried that I will be too stressed and will have no social life, as I am also doing a part time masters. It gonna be alot and worried that I won't pass the training. Worried I will miss out on a lot, as I am still very young. I have never had an relationship, so worried I won't have time for anyone. I dread starting the new job and the change. But whatever happens I know its for the best of me. The worst things would happen is that its doesn't work out and leave the job for a career change, or made redudant. I totally understand what your going through, sometimes its just soo painful and I don't even know why its happening, I worry too much.

Sometimes I worry because I have no one to talk to or someone who is always available. (I mean of course I have friends) but its hard when they aren't responsive as I want them to be. Sometimes i worry because I am bored.

It great that your taking therapy, have you thought about going out with friends, maybe a walk in the park, or working out.
Hi. I know What you mean by that anxiety of people asking and what reply you give, especially when the answer to that is different to expected (as in most people the holiday was nice etc..). I mean it's up-to you if you feel comfortable you could say it didn't go as good as hoped or you could simply just say yeah it was fine/okay. There is never any obligation for you to divulge everything though it can seem like that.

I volunteer at a place where like everyone knows me and like when i go back or they ask me how was this and it didn't go to good, "im like thank for asking but don't go there and I'll just leave it at that shall we" And that's almost my defult answer and they know not to them ask anything more bit at the same i don't feel like I've lied.

Quick Reply

Latest