The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Appazap
Yes I was! I was thinking maybe a lot of people haven't applied due to COVID but alas, I was successful :smile:

That's amazing congrats! My documents just changed to "meets needs for assessment" but my references were only received today (I sent off the application saturday 6.03) so that was also quite quickly but I'm suspecting it might take a while until I hear back now that my application was initially assessed. I applied to the Msc Mental Health Studies btw :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 381
Anyone applying for a MA about politics waiting for an answer?
Anyone here applying for MSc Data Science?

I have reached past the 6-week mark since my application submission and my application status seems stagnant.

For reference,
Undergraduate course: Bsc Data Science - Penn State Uni
Expected grade: 3.8/4
No internship/working experience.
(edited 3 years ago)
Got an unconditional offer
Applied in December
Goodluck everyone!
Original post by Faisalthe12th
Got an unconditional offer
Applied in December
Goodluck everyone!

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, did the status of your documents change to something like "document is ok" prior to receiving an offer? And if so, how long did it take for you to receive an offer from when the status changed? thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, did the status of your documents change to something like "document is ok" prior to receiving an offer? And if so, how long did it take for you to receive an offer from when the status changed? thanks!

Yeah, it changed to personal statement meets needs for assessment on Tuesday and I got the offer on Monday today
Reply 386
Original post by Faisalthe12th
Yeah, it changed to personal statement meets needs for assessment on Tuesday and I got the offer on Monday today

What did you apply for?☺️
Original post by Isik98
That's amazing congrats! My documents just changed to "meets needs for assessment" but my references were only received today (I sent off the application saturday 6.03) so that was also quite quickly but I'm suspecting it might take a while until I hear back now that my application was initially assessed. I applied to the Msc Mental Health Studies btw :smile:

Thank you! Good luck to you! Either way no rush!

Hi, a bit new to this thread (and the King’s application process). I applied for two programmes at the end of February. I noticed that under one of my applications, the document statuses have changed to ‘document format is ok’ and ‘meets needs for assessment’. Does this mean anything (is it a good sign?) or is this just a standard part of the application process? Thanks!
Hi, a bit new to this thread (and the King’s application process). I applied for two programmes at the end of February. I noticed that under one of my applications, the document statuses have changed to ‘document format is ok’ and ‘meets needs for assessment’. Does this mean anything (is it a good sign?) or is this just a standard part of the application process? Thanks!

Um i don't think it indicates anything other than the fact that the Admissions office has forwarded your application to the Department for consideration and you should (supposedly) be notified of a decision soon.
Original post by Isik98
What did you apply for?☺️

International relations
Reply 391
Anyone who applied for International Political Economy heard anything? Applied 4 weeks ago but the portal just says received.
Does anyone apply for Banking and Finance? How long it usually takes for a change of status from received to others? I applied in January and haven't heard anything new so far. It's been almost a month.

My Information:
Undergraduate Course: BA in English (International Organization)--Beijing Foreign Studies University
Interim Grade: 3.64/4
Two internship in Investment Banking Department and a equity investment company
FRM Level I passed
Just applied for the Clinical Psychiatry Msc. Anyone applied for this one? And how long did it take for a response? :0
Original post by addicted-inkling
Can't find a 2021 Postgraduate applicants thread so here goes!

Undergraduate course:
Undergraduate university:
Expected/achieved grade:
Course you're applying for:
Other universities you're applying to:

Undergraduate course: BSc Psychology
Undergraduate university: UWE Bristol
Expected/achieved grade: 1st/2.1 (sitting between the two!)
Course you're applying for: MSc Global Health/MSc Mental Health Sciences
Other universities you're applying to: UCL, QMUL, Reading, Royal Holloway

Undergraduate course: Bsc Pharmacology
Undergraduate university: University of Hertfordshire
Expected/achieved grade: 2:1
Course you're applying for: Clinical neuropsychiatry/ psychology: mental health sciences/ neuropsychology
Other universities you're applying to: KCL, QMUL, Birkbeck
Original post by addicted-inkling
Can't find a 2021 Postgraduate applicants thread so here goes!

Undergraduate course:
Undergraduate university:
Expected/achieved grade:
Course you're applying for:
Other universities you're applying to:

Undergraduate university: UWE Bristol
Expected/achieved grade: 1st/2.1 (sitting between the two!)
Course you're applying for: MSc Global Health/MSc Mental Health Sciences
Other universities you're applying to: UCL, QMUL, Reading, Royal Holloway

Undergraduate course: BSc Forensic Psychology
Undergraduate university: Staffordshire University
Expected/achieved grade: 1st/2.1
Course you're applying for: Forensic Mental Health: Clinical Forensic Psychology MSc (Full-time)
Other universities you're applying to: Bath, QMUL, QUB,Lincoln
(I've been offered a place at Bath, QUB, and Lincoln so far)
Original post by listening0505
Does anyone apply for Banking and Finance? How long it usually takes for a change of status from received to others? I applied in January and haven't heard anything new so far. It's been almost a month.

My Information:
Undergraduate Course: BA in English (International Organization)--Beijing Foreign Studies University
Interim Grade: 3.64/4
Two internship in Investment Banking Department and a equity investment company
FRM Level I passed

Hi my dear friend,
I submitted my application and references were complete on17th January. Still nothing at all..
Original post by marianna__xox
Undergraduate university: Uni of Leicester
Expected/achieved grade: 2.1
Course you're applying for: MSc Clinical Neurodevelopmental Sciences (offer received and accepted)
Other universities you're applying to: Risky but I didn't apply anywhere else. Although it worked out, wouldn't recommend, very stressful!

How long did they take to reply? Just sent mine for a similar course in the same department and was curious as to how long I’ll be waiting :smile:
Original post by adsyadina123
How long did they take to reply? Just sent mine for a similar course in the same department and was curious as to how long I’ll be waiting :smile:

I applied the 29th Jan and got my offer in 3rd March, my References didn’t get sent in until about two weeks after however so if you make sure your referees send their references for you ASAP you may get a quicker reply :smile:
Just got a conditional offer to study MSc Global Affairs!
Applied: 25th-Dec-2020
Offer: 10th-March-2021

Thank you!

Latest